Ready To Hope ATC Tutorial - SNR Magazine

I love to paint, but I'm not skilled enough to draw or paint my own designs. By using a photograph from a magazine as a base for my piece, I was able to achieve a hand-painted look for my altered trading card.

Supplies:
Magazine Photo
ATC base
Embellishments
Paint
Gesso
Multi-medium
Marker
Paintbrush
Scissors


Step One: Cover the ATC base with multi-medium and add the magazine photo. Once dry, trim any overhanging edges.


Step Two: Mix up a solution of gesso and water and paint over the image. Note: Test the gesso solution on a scrap piece of magazine print to be sure that the solution is not so thick that it completely covers the image.


Step Three: Once the gesso has dried, outline the image with a marker. Note: These lines will be a guide for painting and can be as simple or detailed as you like.


Step Four: Paint the image. Add embellishments and text to finish.


Supplies ATC Base: Ranger; Letter Stickers: Cosmo Cricket; Rub-On: 7 Gypsies; Paint: Creative Inspirations Paint; Gesso: Delta; Multi-Medium: Ranger; Pen: Zig; Other: Magazine photo

Comments

  1. My word Dana thats amazing to watch well done fab work Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever! Love the outcome! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment