Quick DIY Halloween Selfie Props - Clearsnap


Hi! I'm sharing some fun Halloween selfie props that I created in just minutes for Clearsnap today. I'm not big on dressing up for Halloween. Last year, I purchased a mask, thinking that I would pop it on and go. I was soon disappointed when I figured out I couldn't eat or drink anything with the mask on. This year calls for a much better design!


I quickly grabbed two ColorBox® Spritzers, Gold Embossing Powder, Sapphire Glitter and the NEW Secret Message Writer and created these Halloween selfie props with some store-bought wood shapes. I know I'm going to have fun passing these props between my friends and snapping photos before we take the little ones out trick-or-treating.


I used the Pinkolicious Spritzer, and as I was working indoors, a Color Catcher®, and sprayed the crown with mist. I sped up the drying process with my heat gun. I then added several 3D Foam Swirls to the crown. I covered the adhesive on the 3D Foam Swirls with Gold Embossing Power and gently applied heat to set. For a bit of fun, I doodled on the crown with the new Secret Message Writer!


I followed the same steps with this pair of glasses, swapping out the Pinkolicious Spritzer for a Moody Blue Spritzer and the Gold Embossing Powder for some Sapphire Glitter. I also doodled around the frames with the Secret Message Writer.


How cool am I going to look when I come in contact with a black light?! I'm attending a Halloween party, and chances are pretty good that there will be a UV light in the house. On the off chance that I don't encounter a black light, I have my own small portable UV light that I can use with these Halloween props to take some spooky shots.

I hope I have inspired you to create some selfie props for yourself! The best part about the Secret Message Writer is that the ink is not visible without a UV light, so I'll be able to use these selfie props all year long!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Clearsnap Supplies:
Other: Donna Salazar Designs with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: 3D Foam Swirls

Comments

  1. These are soooooooooo fun! I love love love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment