Stamped Fabric Wall Art - Clearsnap

Stamped Fabric Wall Art with Ann Butler Background Basics by Dana Tatar

Hi friends! I'm sharing how I created this stamped fabric Fall wall hanging for my home on the Clearsnap blog today. The ColorBox Background Basics by Ann Butler range of quilt-themed stamps helped me to create a beautiful homespun background for my project in no time at all! This small 4-inch piece of art was quick and easy to put together with Clearsnap inks and stamps and a few basic supplies.

I used the Paper Wings Productions Leaves Cling Stamp Set for the Emily Bronte quote. She is one of my favorite authors, and I always think of her during the Fall months when the leaves are changing color. Here is her full poem:

Fall, leaves, fall
Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
I shall smile when wreaths of snow
Blossom where the rose should grow;
I shall sing when night’s decay
Ushers in a drearier day.

I usually follow this poem with a reading of my favorite book, Wuthering Heights, which I read at least once a year.

I wanted to add a vibrant burnt orange color to this piece to represent my favorite color of Fall leaves. I hand-dyed a piece of canvas ribbon with ColorBox Pumpkin Pie Spritzers.

I share the instructions for how to stamp this piece, which includes my tips for stamp masking, on the Clearsnap blog. I'd love for you to stop by. If you haven't seen the full collection of Background Basics by Ann Butler, Clearsnap offers a really fun selection of different patterns that are great for adding a faux quilted look to your artwork.

What's your favorite thing about Fall? Leave me a note in the comments section!

Clearsnap Supplies:
Other Supplies: 4″ Embroidery Hoop and Frame, Paper Wings Productions Leaves Cling Stamp Set, Muslin, Canvas Ribbon, Cardstock, Scissors

Stamped Fabric Embroidery Hoop Art Tutorial by Dana Tatar for Clearsnap

Comments