Keepsake Box Guitar - Walnut Hollow

Keepsake Box Guitar by Dana Tatar for Walnut Hollow

Hi! I'm a Guest Blogger for Walnut Hollow today! I'm sharing how to create a box guitar from a Walnut Hollow Keepsake Box and Basswood Carving Block. Music and art are my two favorite hobbies. Music, and great lyrics, are a huge inspiration for a lot of my artwork. I had a lot of fun teaming up with my husband for this box guitar build and combining my love for music and art into one fun project. I modeled this piece after the primitive cigar box guitars. The earliest cigar box guitars were built from empty cigar boxes and one or two strings connected to a broomstick or wood slat. I improved on that rustic design by using a Walnut Hollow products as my main components. A handful of somewhat random metal hardware served as both functional and decorative finishings. I'd love to have you stop by the Walnut Hollow blog for a more in-depth look.

This box guitar is perfect for little hands, and is as fun to play as it is to look at, making this instrument fun for the whole family! We created a short video of my husband playing the guitar.



Get the box to make this project NOW from the Walnut Hollow store! Hurry! Offer ends soon.


Keepsake Box Guitar Tutorial by Dana Tatar for Walnut Hollow

Comments

  1. Congrats on the GDT! This is amazing! Off to see more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment