String Art Air Plant Hearts - Walnut Hollow

DIY String Art Air Plant Hearts by Dana Tatar for Walnut Hollow

Hi! I share the fun tutorial for these colorful string art air plant hearts on the Walnut Hollow blog today. I'm counting down the days until I am officially on Summer vacation. I have a list of projects that I want to complete before long so that I can sit back, relax, and enjoy the fruits of my labor. I'm working on a vegetable and herb garden, various annual planters throughout my yard, and some fun decor projects.

I created this set of string art planters in a couple of hours. I {heart} the shape of these plaques! I left the top of the plaques the natural pine so that the air plants could shine, but added a bit of personality to the decorative edge of each plaque, which was perfect for painting. Both the heart-shaped plaques and the air plants are inexpensive, which makes this project a great gift idea.

I used the following varieties of air plants for my plaques: Tillandsia Capitata Peach (Top Left), Tillandsia Ionantha Red (Top Right), and Tillandsia Ionantha Orange (Bottom Right). I have these hearts hanging in my home as shown above, but these hearts also make great table accents. I'd love to have you stop by the Walnut Hollow blog for my quick tutorial, helpful tips, and more photos of this project!


Shop Walnut Hollow today and save 50% on all sale items! There is also a wonderful selection of NEW items that will have you excited about Summer decor projects.


Comments

  1. Wow wow wow! You never cease to amaze me! These are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment