Authentic Mixed Media Butterfly Canvas - Creative Embellishments

Stamped and Stenciled Mixed Media Butterfly Canvas with Chipboard and Wood Veneer Embellishments

Hi! I'm super excited to share my first project for Creative Embellishments today! Creative Embellishments is a family-owned company created by Nicolle and Michael Kramer. They are a husband and wife team who design and manufacture unique, high quality, chipboard, rubber stamps, stencils, flair, and wood veneer products. It is their mission to offer fun and inspiring pieces that can be creativity added to any project. I'm absolutely thrilled to have a one-stop shop for these products. I definitely had fun creating this canvas!

I thought it would be fun to start my design term by creating a piece that reflects my design style. I’m a highly tactile artist and I love to combine different textures in my work. I also like to play with pattern and color. When I’m not creating with photos of my family and friends, butterflies and birds are often the focal point of my projects.

How to Create a Mixed Media Butterfly Canvas


Stamped and Stenciled Mixed Media Butterfly Canvas with Chipboard and Wood Veneer Embellishments

I used a 3×3 inch canvas for the base of this project. I prepped the surface of the canvas for color by first spraying it with water, and then applying bright pink mist. It is difficult to stamp onto uneven surfaces like canvas. To add text to the background of my canvas, I stamped with waterproof ink and the Distressed Text Stamp onto a sheet of Tissuestock, which is a strong tissue paper. I tore a portion of the stamped paper from the sheet and sealed it onto the canvas with matte medium. Next, I added a second design to the background by applying molding paste over the Circuit Stencil.

Stamped and Stenciled Mixed Media Butterfly Canvas with Chipboard and Wood Veneer Embellishments

To create a layered focal point for my canvas I first glued down a bright green resin frame. On top of that, I added a Wood Veneer Banner that I colored with blue acrylic paint. I embossed a Monarch Butterfly with Carnelian ICE Resin Iced Enamels for the next layer. This product is designed to add enamel color to metal, but I love to use it on chipboard. I added a rhinestone heart to the center of the butterfly for a touch of sparkle. Finally, I added a metal tag to the bottom of the canvas.

Stamped and Stenciled Mixed Media Butterfly Canvas with Chipboard and Wood Veneer Embellishments


To finish this piece, I wrapped the canvas in decorative ribbon and then glued a double-loop bow to the center of the top edge.

Thanks for stopping by today! You can pick up a fantastic variety of chipboard, wood veneer, stamps, and stencils from the Creative Embellishments Store.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Monarch Butterfly Set
Wood Veneer Banners
Distressed Text Stamp
Circuit Stencil

Pin It!

Stamped and Stenciled Mixed Media Butterfly Canvas with Chipboard and Wood Veneer Embellishments

Comments

  1. This is soooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the frame and the butterfly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment