Life's A Beach - Creative Embellishments

Life's A Beach Summer Vacation Scrapbook Layout with Creative Embellishments Chipboard, Wood Veneer, and Flair Button

Hi! I'm sharing a layout I created for Creative Embellishments that features my favorite photo of the Summer. I have less than 1 week of vacation time left before the school year starts and I'm doing my best to hang on to my favorite Summer memories. Once a year, in July, I'm able to spend time with my brother and sister at our family lake house. This is the one time each year when my girls get to hang with their cousins. We look forward to this time together all year. My Sister-in-Law captured this moment when the cousins were together, a brief moment in time when they are all standing still.

Nested Chipboard Circles Filled with Patterned Paper on a Summer Vacation Beach Layout

I always reach for neutrals and blues when documenting vacation memories on the lake. I was looking for a way to incorporate more color and pattern into my design without taking the focus off of the photo. I think I achieved that using the Rings For So Many Things Nested Chipboard Circles. I left the chipboard untreated because I think the color looks like wet sand. I simply glued pieces of patterned paper to the back of the chipboard rings and trimmed around the edges. Once all the rings were filled, I placed them diagonally across the page from the bottom left corner to the top right corner.

Large Wood Number 18 on Summer Vacation Beach Layout

I used the Large Wood Numbers set to add an oversized 18 to the left of the photo to signify the year. Again, I left the wood untreated. To add a small pop of color, I placed a piece of Artsy Sea Creatures Flair under the photo.

Turquoise Embossed Life's A Beach Chipboard Title


To finish the layout I added a Life's A Beach chipboard title. I embossed the chipboard title with ICE Resin Turquoise Iced Enamels. This product is designed to add enamel color to metal, but I love to use it on chipboard.

Thanks for stopping by today! You can pick up a fantastic variety of chipboard, wood veneer, and flair buttons from the Creative Embellishments Store!

Creative Embellishments Supplies:

Life's A Beach Chipboard Title
Rings For So Many Things Nested Chipboard Circles
Large Wood Numbers
Artsy Sea Creatures Flair Buttons

Pin It!

Clean and Simple Life's A Beach Summer Vacation Scrapbook Layout

Comments

  1. Wow wow wow! This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that photo, the big '18' and all the circles!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment