View From Above - Creative Embellishments

Colorful Summer Carnival Scrapbook Layout with Chipboard Ferris Wheel Embellishment

Hi! I'm sharing another fun Summer memory on this layout for Creative Embellishments today. My daughters went back to school this week and I'm struggling to adjust to a regular schedule. I'm holding on to the excitement of Summer with this colorful layout. I'm not a major thrill seeker when it comes to amusement park rides. I never miss a turn around the Ferris Wheel, which is exactly my speed. I absolutely love the bird's-eye view from the top, and I snapped this photo which captures most of the carnival.

The carnival is full of bright colors and flashing lights, so I chose a soft rainbow palette with gold accents, and a mix of stripes and circles for this page.

Painted and Glazed 3D Chipboard Ferris Wheel Embellishment

I had a lot of fun decorating the Ferris Wheel. I used white spray paint to prime the chipboard pieces. Once dry, I brushed a coat of white acrylic paint onto the base and wheel, and colorful acrylic paint onto the seats. I added a coat of glaze to each seat for a gloss finish. To help ground the Ferris Wheel embellishment to the page, I placed a piece of Ferris Wheel patterned paper underneath. I think this helps give the wheel a more 3D look and provides some background imagery and sky. I used a 3D Foam Circle to attach the wheel to the base to add dimension. Finally, I finished the Ferris Wheel by adding a giant rhinestone to the center.

Thanks for stopping by today! You can pick up this chipboard piece from the Creative Embellishments Store. We hope you will find the time to join the August Challenge.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:

Ferris Wheel

Pin It!

Summer Carnival Scrapbook Layout with Chipboard Ferris Wheel Embellishment

Comments

  1. Love love love this! LOVING that photo and the ferris wheel!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment