Dragon Adventure Plaque - Creative Embellishments

Dragon Adventure Mixed Media Wood Slice Plaque with Stamped Quote, Embossed Dragon and Push Pin Dragon Scale Background

Hi friends! I'm sharing a piece of mixed media art that I created for Creative Embellishments today. My 11 year old daughter loves dragons. When she isn't drawing dragons, she is reading about them in her favorite fantasy novels. I found this quote that may be from J.R.R. Tolkien that fit perfectly around the edge of this odd-shaped wood slice that I've been holding on to for some time. It feels good to finally use it to make something a bit different!

Dragon Adventure Mixed Media Wood Slice Plaque Stamped Quote and Push Pin Dragon Scale Background Closeup

I stamped the quote onto the wood slice using a set of mini alphabet stamps and black Staz-On ink. I used metal push pins to replicate the look of dragon scales for the background of this piece. The wood slice is a soft basswood and the pins push easily into the wood. Once I had the background covered with pins, I rubbed on Gold Rush and Rose Gold Metallic Lustre from DecoArt with my fingers to add some color.

Dragon Adventure Mixed Media Wood Slice Plaque with Stamped Quote, Embossed Dragon and Push Pin Dragon Scale Background

I selected a chipboard dragon from the Dragon Set 2 for the focal point of this project. This dragon is 1 of 3 fantastic designs in the set. I heat embossed the chipboard with Ice Enamels. Then, I added a gold highlight down the center of the dragon with a paint pen.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Dragon Set 2

Other Supplies: Bark Edge Basswood Round Coaster: Walnut Hollow; Iced Enamels: Ranger; Perfect Alphabet Clear Stamp Set: Paper Wings Productions; Ink: Tsukineko; Metallic Lustre Wax: DecoArt; Gold Paint Pen; Push Pins

Thanks for stopping by today! I want to tell you about the Creative Embellishments 5th Birthday Crop that is happening THIS WEEKEND. The Creative Embellishments Design Team would like you to join us for a BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA as we celebrate Creative Embellishments' 5th birthday! For this huge milestone, we've planned EIGHT CHALLENGES PLUS A BONUS PRIZE OPPORTUNITY! All the challenges, with an example and the prize image, will be posted in the 5th Birthday Crop Event in the Creative Embellishments Facebook Fan Page. I hope to see you there!

Pin It!

Dragon Adventure Mixed Media Wood Slice Plaque with Stamped Quote Embossed Dragon and Push Pin Dragon Scale Background

Comments

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh I love love love this! LOVING that quote, the way you did the scales and that dragon!! How To Train Your Dragon are my FAVE animated movies!! I love Toothless!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment