Must Love Unicorns - Creative Embellishments 5th Birthday Crop

Pink Unicorn Scrapbook Layout with Glitter Rainbows and Stars

Hi! I'm super excited to share the layout that I created for the Creative Embellishments 5th Birthday Crop. The Creative Embellishments Design Team would like you to join us for a BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA as we celebrate Creative Embellishments' 5th birthday! For this huge milestone, we've planned EIGHT CHALLENGES PLUS A BONUS PRIZE OPPORTUNITY! All the challenges, with an example and the prize image, will be posted in the 5th Birthday Crop Event in the Creative Embellishments Facebook Fan Page. Participants simply comment on the challenge they pick with their entries. Use of Creative Embellishments products on crop entries is not required for 8 out of 9 of the prizes. The main event post will be updated once the event begins on Saturday morning with a menu of challenge options, a description of each challenge, and direct links to each post to help you keep track of the individual challenges.

My challenge for the crop is to use one, or more, pieces of your oldest stash on a project. Challenge participants who use something older than 5 years will receive an extra entry, so be sure to tell us how old your supplies are.

I've been scrapbooking for almost 12 years, so my stash goes back quite a few years. I've been saving some of my favorite pieces of paper for what seems like forever, waiting for a perfect special occasion to use it. I purchased this fabulous unicorn patterned paper from Bam Pop! in 2007. The pink Ombre patterned paper that I used for the background of this layout is from an Amy Tangerine collection from 2014.

Must Love Unicorns Glitter and Clear Sticker Title

The newest item on this page is the American Crafts Puffy Glitter Sticker, but I framed it with some old Cosmo Cricket Clear Letter Stickers from 2010.

How to Paint and Emboss Chipboard Pieces to Match Patterned Papers

I helped my old stash look new by painting a Stars in my Universe Frame to match the rainbows on the patterned paper. I embossed a Flourish Heart Frame with gold glitter embossing powder to match the gold glitter sticker in the title. The cutie in the photo is my youngest daughter posing with a portion of her unicorn collection.

Pink Embossed Chipboard Star Clusters and Yellow Paper Stars on Misted Pink Background

In addition to rainbows, the unicorn patterned paper also features stars. I cut the yellow stars from the patterned paper and scattered them across the page. I cut up two Star Pieces into small clusters and heat embossed them with Raspberry Iced Enamels.


I hope you'll find the time to join the Creative Embellishments Birthday Crop! All entries into this challenge will be put into a drawing to win a $30 Gift Certificate to the Creative Embellishments Store, which is good towards the purchase of any combination of chipboard, stamps, stencils, or flair!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Stop by the 5th Birthday Crop Event in the Creative Embellishments Facebook Fan Page for more details.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Flourish Heart Frame 1
Star Pieces
Stars in my Universe Frame
Other Supplies: Patterned Paper: American Crafts, Bam Pop!; Stickers: American Crafts, Cosmo Cricket; Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angels; Embossing Powder: Ranger; Acrylic Paint: DecoArt

Pin It!


Must Love Unicorns Whimsical Scrapbook Layout with Painted and Embossed Chipboard Embellishments and Glitter Hearts Stars and Rainbows

Comments

Post a Comment