Adore Scrapbook Layout - Creative Embellishments

Adore Indigo Hills 2 Scrapbook Layout with Painted Chipboard Embellishments

Hi! I'm sharing a layout that features one of my favorite Summer photos that I created for Creative Embellishments today. I've recently dealt with an ice storm that took down nearly half of the branches on a tree in my front yard and I'm feeling the chill. To cheer myself up I'm thinking happy thoughts about my trip to my family lake house when I was warm and enjoying popsicles on the beach with this cutie.

Adore Indigo Hills 2 Scrapbook Layout with Painted Circle Vine Chipboard Frame

I was drawn to the Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills 2 paper collection for the beautiful color palette and the stunning flowers and leaves. The Circle Vine Frame was the perfect piece to pair with these patterned papers and die-cuts. I cut the frame into two pieces. I used about 2/3 of the frame to surround the top half of my photo.

Adore Indigo Hills 2 Scrapbook Layout with Painted Chipboard

I used the smaller piece as a page embellishment. I layered pieces of patterned paper underneath and on top of the chipboard piece to help build dimension. I used acrylic paint to color the chipboard to match the color palette of the patterned papers for a more seamless design. Once the paint was dry, I splattered the chipboard with Tattered Angels Chalkboard Mist to tone down the intensity of color just a bit. I used the same mist to add splatters to the background of the layout.

Adore Indigo Hills 2 Scrapbook Layout with Painted Chipboard Title



I used the same painting technique on the chipboard title. This word is 1 of 5 from the Small Family Border Word Set.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! If the weather is cooling down where you are I hope you're staying warm!

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Circle Vine Frame
Small Family Border Word Set

Other Supplies: Patterned Paper, Die-Cuts, Stickers, Enamel Dots (Pinkfresh Studio); Butterflies (Prima), Black Marker (Sharpie); Acrylic Paint (DecoArt); Chalkboard Mist (Tattered Angels); Thin 3D Foam Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L)

Pin It!

Adore Indigo Hills 2 Scrapbook Layout with Painted Chipboard Embellishments

Comments

Post a Comment