Joy to the World Scrapbook Layout - Creative Embellishments

Joy to the World Christmas Scrapbook Layout

Hi! I'm sharing a scrapbook layout that I created featuring a vintage family photo of my Grandfather for Creative Embellishments today. Unfortunately, he passed away before I came along. The staging and the clothes in this picture bring a smile to my face. He obviously had a great sense of humor. I have his high school scrapbooks, so I know we have memory keeping in common. I think we would have gotten along great!

Since I was using a vintage photo from 1952 on this page, I pulled out some of my oldest Pink Paislee products. I really love the layered patterns and the vintage Santa on this paper. I have several holiday chipboard sets, but no single piece was standing out. I decided to mix sets to create a glittered globe ornament for the main embellishment on this layout.

Glitter Embossed Joy to the World Chipboard Christmas Embellishment

I embossed one of the 6-inch Globes with Ice Resin Gold Glitz Iced Enamels. I painted the word Joy from the Small Family Border Word Set, and the bow from the Jingle Bells Set, with Smooch Iridescent Accent Ink. Once dry, I adhered them to the glittered globe. I added "To The World" to the globe with letter stickers in a contrasting color. To make this piece into an ornament, I glued a piece of red twine from the top of the globe to the top edge of the patterned paper.

I used the Grunge Snowflake Stamp with brown dye ink to add snowflakes to the bottom right corner, as well as single snowflakes, around the page.

Wood Veneer Peppermint Embellishment on a Christmas Scrapbook Layout

To complement the circle globe and Santa shape, I added three wood veneer Peppermints to the page. I painted the raised swirl design on each peppermint with Smooch Iridescent Accent Ink.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
6-inch Diameter Chipboard Globes
Small Family Border Chipboard Word Set
Jingle Bells Chipboard Set
Wood Veneer Peppermints
Grunge Snowflake Rubber Stamp

Other Supplies: Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee; Clear Sticker: Pink Paislee; Die-Cut:Pink Paislee; Letter Stickers: PinkFresh Studio; Twine: American Crafts; Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink: Clearsnap; ColorBox DyeStress Ink: Clearsnap; Ice Resin Gold Glitz Iced Enamels: Ranger; Marker: Sharpie; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Joy to the World Christmas Scrapbook Layout with Festive Globe Embellishment


Comments

  1. Wow wow wow!! You never cease to amaze me!! This is STUNNING! I love the globe!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment