Great Adventure Wonderland Mixed Media Art Board - Creative Embellishments

Great Adventure Alice in Wonderland Mixed Media Art Board

Hi! I'm sharing the Alice in Wonderland themed mixed media art board that I created for the Creative Embellishments March Challenge today. I absolutely love the inspiration image this month!

Black and White Alice Rabbit Hole Image for Creative Embellishments March Challenge

Rather than take inspiration from just one element, I went full on Wonderland and created this colorful whimsical piece. I started with the Alice in Wonderland Through an All New Looking Glass Paper Dolls book by Charlotte Whatley.

Mad Hatter and Alice Paper Dolls on a Mixed Media Art Board

I cut the Mad Hatter and Alice dolls from the pages to use as the focal point of the board.

Stenciled Stamped and Embossed Harlequin Design Layers on an Alice in Wonderland Mixed Media Art Board

I also cut out a glass bottle labeled 'Drink Me.' I covered the art board with torn papers from the Bo Bunny Star-Crossed collection. Once the papers were down, I applied watermark ink over the Galaxy Stencil and onto the Distressed Harlequin Stamp to add a second layer of stars and diamond shapes to the board. I sprinkled white embossing powder over the ink for a high contrast design.

Gold Glitter Heat Embossed Chipboard Steampunk Pocket Watch

Next, I added purple heat embossed Distressed Harlequin Pieces, a glittery gold heat embossed Steampunk Pocket Watch, and a Mushroom Set, which I colored with acrylic and puffy paints, dye ink, and glitter.

Cheshire Cat Great Adventure Quote on Dymo Tape with Red Rose Vines

Once this layer of chipboard was secured to the board, I added the paper dolls, a vine of red roses, and a puffy heart sticker.

Painted and Glitter Chipboard Mushroom Trio and Wood Veneer Cheshire Cat Eyes

Then, I added the Cheshire Cat quote using Dymo tape, and a pair of Wood Veneer (Cheshire) Cat Eyes, that I painted and glittered. To finish this piece, I wrapped the art board with a red and white harlequin shoe lace and secured to the board by tying it into a simple bow.


Other Supplies: Art Board (Canvas Corp Brands); Patterned Paper (Bo Bunny); Alice in Wonderland Paper Dolls (Charlotte Whatley); Green Vine Sticker (Flourish with a Bling); Puffy Heart Sticker (Twinkle + Ink); Roses (Prima); Acrylic Paint (DecoArt); DyeStress Ink (Clearsnap); Iced Enamels (Ranger); Smooch Glitz (Clearsnap); White Embossing Powder (Clearsnap); Watermark Ink (Tsukineko); Dymo Tape; Harlequin Shoelace

Pin It!

Mad Hatter and Alice Great Adventure Mixed Media Art Board


Comments