Remember 1952 Scrapbook Layout - More Than Words Challenges

Heritage Scrapbook Layout with Pet Photo Rust Effect Embellishments and Flowers

Hi! I'm sharing the layout I created for the February Main Challenge at More Than Words. The word inspiration this month is THE PAST and the creative challenge is RUST. I always feel a connection to THE PAST when I visit my family lake house. The property has been in my family for 4 generations. This photo of my Grandmother, with her Spaniel puppy Taffy, was taken in 1952. The lake house is a place where the family gets together during the Summer months, often times adding their dogs to the mix.

Vintage Pet Photo with Modern Dog Die Cut and Dog Leash and Paw Print Chipboard Frames

I thought it would be fun to add a modern image to my layout. This super cute dog die-cut is from Pretty Little Studio. I used two dog-themed chipboard pieces from Creative Embellishments to frame my photo. The Leash Frame and Paws Frame were just perfect!

Flower embellishment cluster with blue and yellow flowers green leaves and rusty shells

I used acrylic glaze, paint, and paste to add a RUST effect to chipboard pieces and shells. I topped the chipboard with a mix of flowers and leaves from Prima and 49 and Market.

black acrylic numbers 1952

To help continue the circle pattern throughout my design, I added acrylic circle numbers and patterned papers with dot prints.

how to journal on a dark patterned paper with a white pen

I added some simple journaling with a white pen to match the white script stenciling I applied to the background of the page.

More Than Words Challenges February 2020 Main Challenge Inspiration Board with Rusty Red Truck

I hope you'll find the time to join us this month! As usual, there are several fantastic prize packages from our generous sponsors available to win.

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Onerie, Lucky 7 Factory; Die-Cut: Pretty Little Studio; Product Packaging: Prima; Polka Dot Bag: Canvas Corp Brands; Flowers and Leaves: Prima, 49 and Market; Chipboard: Creative Embellishments; Acrylic: Ranger; Pen: Ranger; Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop; Molding Paste: Bad Girls Couture; Acrylic Glaze; ColourArte; Acrylic Paint: Kaisercraft; Rust Paste: Prima; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!


Heritage Scrapbook Layout with Pet Photo Rust Effect Embellishments and Flowers

Comments