When I'm Down Artist Trading Card - More Than Words Challenges

Artist Trading Card with Stenciled Mix Tapes, Wire and Lace Heart Embellishment, and Chris Cornell Song Lyrics

Hi! I'm sharing the artist trading card that I created for the More Than Words February Mini Challenge. The mini word challenge this month is to use the word WHEN on a card, postcard, artist trading card, or tag. I used some of my favorite song lyrics from the song "When I'm Down" by Chris Cornell.


Artist Trading Card with Stenciled Mix Tapes, Wire and Lace Heart Embellishment, and Chris Cornell Song Lyrics

I started with a piece of patterned paper from Lucky 7 Factory called Sweet Melody, which this song certainly is, for the base of this card. Next, I applied molding paste over The Crafter's Workshop Mini Mix Tape stencil to add the cassette tapes over the base of my card. Once the paste was dry, I brushed on dye ink to add color. I created a wire heart embellishment for the focal point of this card. I chose a gray lace because the song lyrics are a bit dark.

Here's a couple more lines from the song:

I only love you when I'm down.
And I'm only near you when I'm gone.
But one thing for you to keep in mind, you know
I'm down all the time.


Wire and Lace Heart Embellishment Tutorial

How to make a Wire Heart Embellishment

Step One: Cut a piece of beading wire to length and bend into a heart.


Wire Heart with Grey Lace

Step Two: Apply adhesive to the wire and gently press a piece of lace onto the heart. Let dry.

Wire Heart Embellishment with Grey Lace

Step Three: Flip the heart over. Apply adhesive to the wire and gently press a piece of lace onto the heart, carefully lining up the pattern to match the piece of lace on the front of the heart. Let dry.
Wire Heart Embellishment with Grey Lace and Red Twine
Step Four: Trim any overhanging lace from the outside of the heart. Using a needle and thread, wrap thread around the heart until the wire is covered. Adding thread to the heart is a great way to add a pop of color. The thread also covers the sharp edges where the wire was cut.


More Than Words February 2020 Mini Challenge Board
I hope you will find the time to join us this month. Share your project with us on the More Than Words Facebook Page by February 29th.

Supplies: Blank Artist Trading Card: Ranger; Patterned Paper: Lucky 7 Factory; Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop; Molding Paste: Bad Girls Couture; Lace: Webster's Pages; Dye Ink: Clearsnap; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L; Wire; Thread; Washi Tape; Staples

Pin It!


Artist Trading Card with Stenciled Mix Tapes, Wire and Lace Heart Embellishment, and Chris Cornell Song Lyrics


Comments

Post a Comment