Good Vibes Scrapbook Layout - More Than Words Challenges

Tropical Vacation Scrapbook Layout with Flowers and Food Photos for More Than Words Challenges

Hi! I created this layout for the More Than Words Challenges March Main Challenge. The main challenge word this month is FOOD and the creative challenge is SQUARE PHOTO. A highlight of any vacation for me is always the FOOD. I recently returned from a trip to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic where I enjoyed several delicious meals. I used SQUARE PHOTOS of my favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner on this layout. Papaya and plantains usually made it onto my plate. Both my husband and I loved a plantain dish called Mangu so much that we have prepared it at home, bringing a little bit of the island into our everyday life.

Tropical Vacation Scrapbook Layout with Flowers and Food Photos for More Than Words Challenges

It was wonderful to soak up some sun and see lush foliage and flowers in January. I wanted to include those elements on my page to play up the topical vibes. I cut flowers and leaves from several paper collection to create colorful flower clusters.

Tropical Vacation Scrapbook Layout with Flowers and Food Photos for More Than Words Challenges

I added some dimension to my paper flowers and leaves by incorporating flower embellishments that I secured to the page using 3D Foam Circles.

Tropical Vacation Scrapbook Layout with Flowers and Food Photos for More Than Words Challenges

I added small pops of color around the page with enamel dots. The piece of flair is from the Creative Embellishments Artsy Sea Creatures Flair Set.

Vacation Food Photo of Dominican Breakfast

I added a sticker above the mangu on my breakfast plate. Mangu is a dish made from mashed plantains and onions.

Vacation Food Photo of Dominican Lunch

I enjoyed this traditional Dominican lunch of sea bass and grilled vegetables while on an excursion into the Cordillera Mountains.

Vacation Food Photo of Dominican Dinner

The resort where I stayed had a great buffet. I was able to try a lot of traditional meat, seafood, and vegetable dishes. Yummy!

More Than Words Challenge March 2020 Main Challenge Mood Board Food and Square Photo

Do you have a yummy FOOD photo to share? Maybe you have a family snap of a barbeque, picnic, or romantic dinner. We want to know about the special food you've eaten or more about an event focused around food. we need to see in your project how our word has inspired you. Don't forget about the creative challenge and add a SQUARE PHOTO to your project. We don't mind if it's an Instagram photo or if you've cropped a standard photo, so long as it's square. We hope you'll find the time to join us this month! As usual, there are several fantastic prize packages from our generous sponsors available to win.

Supplies: Patterned Paper (American Crafts, My Mind's Eye, Photo Play Paper); Enamel Dots (My Mind's Eye); Die-Cut (My Mind's Eye); Flowers (Little Birdie Crafts); Rubber Title (Studio Calico); Flair (Creative Embellishments); Adhesive (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L)

Pin It!


Tropical Vacation Scrapbook Layout with Flowers and Food Photos for More Than Words Challenges

Comments

Post a Comment