Wood Block Bird Art - Clique International

Upcycled Wood Block Bird Art with Stamped Cork Tiles



Hi! I'm sharing a piece of upcycled art that I created using the beautiful Wind Beneath My Wings Limited Edition Kit from Clique International. The Don't Throw Me Away post series is focused on recycling, repurposing, and reducing waste as we create. I had a lot of fun repurposing materials for this project!

House Shaped Wood Block and Cork Tiles

My husband and I are constantly working on projects around the house and our scrap wood pile is steadily growing. I had my husband cut the top corners off of a wood block to make the house shaped base for this project. We recently installed a new window in our kitchen. Part of the packaging materials included foam-backed cork tiles to protect the glass. I immediately saved all of them! I really love mixing textures in my art and wood and cork are two of my favorite materials to create with due to their versatility and ability to stand up to a lot of different mediums.

Rice Paper Bird Art with Crackle Paint and Lindy's Magicals Watercolors


The Ciao Bella Sound of Spring Rice Paper is my favorite item in the kit. I cut a portion of the paper to fit my wood block. Once I painted the wood a turquoise color, I adhered the rice paper to the wood using matte multi-medium. To add more texture to the design, I applied a layer of Distress Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint over the paper. Next, to highlight the cracks, I applied several shades of Lindy's Magicals watercolors. Once dry, I added some doodling to the wood with a black pen and highlighted areas with white paint dots for additional contrast.

Bird Art with Flowers Die-Cuts and Acetate Shapes

I added an embellishment cluster between the hearts and sentiment on the rice paper made with acetate shapes, die-cuts, and paper flowers from the kit.

Rice Paper Bird Art Decor with Dimensional Butterflies

I finished the face of the wood block with vellum hearts and dimensional butterfly stickers.

Stamped and Embossed Cork Tiles and Rhinestones on Wood Decor

To carry on with the yellow I added using embellishments to the front of this piece, I decided to paint the sides of the wood block with yellow acrylic paint. I stamped and embossed the cork tiles and colored the hearts with red and pink paint pens. I alternated between cork tiles and rhinestones to dress up the sides of this wood block.

Clique International Supplies:
Wind Beneath My Winds Limited Edition Kit
Lindy's Magicals

Other Supplies: Wood Block; Cork Tiles; Black Pen (Ranger); Paint Pens (Posca); Distress Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint (Ranger); Matte Multi-Medium (Ranger); Acrylic Paint (DecoArt); Stamp (Clearsnap); Embossing Powder (Clearsnap); Adhesive Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L); Adhesive Dots (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L); Extreme Double-Sided Tape (Home Hobby by 3L)

Pin It!

Spring Bird House Wood Block Decor with Upcycled Materials and the Wind Beneath My Wings Limiited Editon Kit from Clique International


Comments

  1. This is AMAZING! LOVING what you did with the squares, the textures and the little bird!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment