Coney Dog + Fries Scrapbook Layout - Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L


National Hot Dog Month Scrapbook Layout with 3D Foam French Fries Embellishment and Wood Veneer Title

Hi! I'm sharing a scrapbook layout that I created for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L today. July is National Hot Dog Month so I thought it would be fun to document one of my favorite home-town dishes. If you're from Detroit, the only way to eat a hot dog is a Detroit-style Coney; which is a beef dog with bean-less chili, mustard, and white onions. Don't forget the side of French fries!

Best-Ever-Dog-National-Hot-Dog-Month-Scrapbook-Layout-by-Dana-Tatar.jpg

I had a lot of fun creating my own French fries to embellish this page using 3D Foam Strips and White Crafty Foam Tape. To create my embellishment, I first cut and folded a small container from patterned paper to hold the French fries. I used Extreme Double-Sided Tape to hold the sides of the container together. Next, I cut two pieces of White Crafty Foam Tape approximately 3 inches long. I pressed the adhesive into glittered yellow flocking powder, removed the adhesive liner from the back of the tape, and then secured the flocked French fries into the container. I repeated this same technique with 3D Foam Strips until the container was full. I applied puffy stickers to the center of the fry container as a fun finishing touch.

Best Ever Wood Veneer Title with Chipboard Letter Stickers on a Scrapbook Layout

I wanted to create a balanced design, so I added a 3D title to the page. A raw wood veneer die-cut was a fun choice. I secured this embellishment to my layout using Mini Adhesive Dots. Next, I applied chipboard letter stickers to the bottom of the wood veneer die-cut. I reinforced these stickers with Mini Adhesives Dots to be sure that they stayed in place.

I'd love to learn about the signature hot dog in your area. Do you also enjoy a side of fries or are your dogs served with something else? Leave me a note in the comments section with your must-have toppings!

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Supplies: 
E-Z Runner Grand Ultra Strong
Adhesive Dots Mini
Crafty Foam Tape White
3D Foam Strips

Home Hobby by 3L Supplies:

Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8 Inch

Other Supplies: Patterned Paper: American Crafts, October Afternoon; Die-Cuts: Nikki Sivils; Wood Veneer Die-Cut: Heidi Swapp; Puffy Stickers: Bella Blvd; Chipboard Letters: American Crafts; Glittered Flock: Martha Stewart

Pin It!

National Hot Dog Month Scrapbook Layout with 3D Foam French Fries Embellishment and Wood Veneer Title


Comments

Post a Comment