Goodbye Memorial Scrapbook Layout - More Than Words Challenges

Memorial Scrapbook Layout Using the 49 and Market Sage Collection

Hi! I'm sharing the layout I created for the More Than Words July 2020 Main Challenge today. The July Main Challenge offers GOODBYE as the word inspiration and MONOCHROMATIC as the creative challenge. I missed saying GOODBYE to my Grandmother before she passed away. I was not able to attend her memorial service as I was very pregnant with my second daughter and could not travel.

How to Frame a Photo with a Stitched Frame and Flowers

My Grandmother graduated from Oakwood High School in 1947. She loved her time living in the small city of Oakwood, Ohio. I made it my goal to move to the city so that I would have the chance to live in Oakwood as well, and have my daughters graduate from the same High School. When the High School redesigned their entranceway I purchased an engraved brick in her memory. Now I can say hello and goodbye to her when I walk by the school, a place that she loved. I designed my MONOCHROMATIC layout in shades of green.

How to Layer Die-Cuts on a Scrapbook Layout

I applied shades of green dye ink to the background of the layout and then added white roses with a stencil and molding paste.

How to Layer Die-Cuts and Flowers on a Scrapbook Layout

I added a mix of white and green flowers, die-cut leaves, and butterflies around the page.

How to Use Raw Chipboard Letters on a Scrapbook Layout

I used raw chipboard letters for the title. I thought the natural would blend with my monochromatic palette but still stand out on the layout.

More Than Words July 2020 Main Challenge Mood Board Goodbye and Monochromatic
The monthly Main Challenge is open to layouts, canvases, and art journal pages. It can be sad to say goodbye to a loved one or a treasured pets but goodbyes are a port of life. Maybe you have a happier reason to say goodbye; like giving up smoking, weight loss, moving house, leaving school or a job. Whatever your motivation, we need to see how the word inspired you. Monochromatic colors can be very symbolic and can portray strong emotions. Whatever you chose to create, we want to see multiple shades of one color on your project.

Supplies: Patterned Paper, Die-Cuts, Stitched Frames, Flowers, Stickers: 49 and Market; Chipboard Letters: Kaisercraft; Stencil: Prima; Dye Ink: Clearsnap; Molding Paste: Golden; Vellum; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!


How to Create a Monochromatic Memorial Scrapbook Layout using the 49 and Market Sage Collection

Comments

  1. How amazing you were able to add her name to the bricks at the school! I love love love this! Such a wonderful tribute to her and loving all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment