Isolation Scrapbook Layout - Clique International


Hi! I'm sharing a scrapbook layout that I created after listening to the song "Isolation" by John Lennon for Clique International today. Although this song was released 50 years ago it is still valid today, maybe even more so with the current COVID-19 Pandemic. I used the Over the Rainbow and Color Me Happy Kits for this page. The Over the Rainbow Kit has sold out, but you can still buy the extra paper pack here.


I have depicted a girl and a boy alone inside separate black and white boxes along the top of the page. I used Pretty Little Studio die-cuts rather than photos here to help represent all people in a less personalized way.


While some people, like myself, are enjoying the imposed isolation as a time to destress and recharge, I know that is not the case for many. It is hard to see my children struggle to understand and cope with the current situation.


I created my own rainbow colored background and garden scene from cut up patterned papers included in both of the kits. This mix of products really work will together. To add more dimension to the design, I embellished the flowers with buttons and dots. I included the song lyrics that resonated with me the most and wrote them on the rainbow: "We're afraid to be alone. We're afraid of everyone. Afraid of the sun."

Here are the full song lyrics to "Isolation" by John Lennon:

People say we got it made
Don't they know we're so afraid
Isolation
We're afraid to be alone
Everybody got to have a home
Isolation
Just a boy and a little girl
Trying to change the whole wide world
Isolation
The world is just a little town
Everybody trying to put us down
Isolation
I don't expect you, to understand
After you caused so much pain
But then again, you're not to blame
You're just a human, a victim of the insane
We're afraid of everyone
Afraid of the sun
Isolation
The sun will never disappear
But the world may not have many years
Isolation

Clique International Supplies:
Color Me Happy Clique Sampler Kit
Color Me Happy Clique Add-on Kit
Over The Rainbow Clique Base Kit
Other Supplies: Adhesive (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L); Marker (Sharpie)

Pin It!


Comments

  1. This is sooooooooo fun! I love the colors, the whimsical feel and the lyrics that inspired it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment