Quilled Sun Artist Trading Card - More Than Words Challenges

Artist Trading Card with Starry Night Sky and Quilled Sun
Hi! I'm sharing the artist trading card I created for the More Than Words August 2020 Mini Challenge today. I'm slowly learning more quilling techniques using my Clique International Quilling for Scrapbookers Kit. The small size of artist trading cards are perfect for displaying quilled designs. This sun combined some of the simple rolled paper techniques that I already knew with more complex pattern making. The sun outline template is from the book Quilling Art by Sena Runa. I resized her design to fit this card. I also decided to back the sun with patterned paper to help it stand out from the dark starry night background paper.

Artist Trading Card with Starry Night Sky and Quilled Sun

Once my quilled sun was complete, I secured it to an artist trading card base that I covered with patterned paper. I wanted my card to twinkle like the night sky so I added an embellished rhinestone to the quilled sun and Mirrored Rose Gold Acrylic Stars to the sky.

Artist Trading Card with Starry Night Sky and Quilled Sun

Like most of my artist trading cards, I found my inspiration in some song lyrics. These words are from the song "Scar on the Sky" by Chris Cornell. I printed the text and used dye ink to distress the edges.

More Than Words August 2020 Mini Challenge Sun

We'd love to see your sunny creations! Share your work with the More Than Words Team by uploading a photo of your art to the August Mini Challenge Post on MTW Facebook Page.

Supplies: Artist Trading Card Blank; Patterned Paper: Pion Design; Quilling Paper: Clique International; Acrylic Stars: Creative Embellishments; Rhinestone: Prima; Dye Ink: Clearsnap; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L; Song Lyrics: Chris Cornell

Pin It!

Mixed Media Starry Night Artist Trading Card with Quilled Sun and Chris Cornell Song Lyrics

Comments

Post a Comment