Festive Fall Décor Makeover - Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

 

Tabletop Resin Fall Word with Copper Glitter and Colorful Pom Poms

Hi! I'm sharing a fun fall décor makeover for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L today. I don't have as much time to spend on home décor projects now that school and sports are back in full swing. Rather than start from scratch on an accessory for my home, I quickly embellished a store bought piece with the help of some of my favorite go-to adhesives. I used Extreme Double-Sided Tape and Mini Adhesive Dots to add copper glitter and colorful pompoms to a tabletop resin word. In less than 30 minutes I added a fun pop of color to my home!

Tabletop Resin Fall Word Décor Piece


Here is the tabletop resin word before I started this project. This piece is great as-is, but I thought it could be even better with a pop of color. This word is roughly 8 inches long and 5 inches tall, which made it the perfect size for a quick makeover. The small dots inside each letter immediately had me thinking pompoms! The brushed finish needed a touch of sparkle so I chose a bright copper glitter. I purchased this item for less than $10 and I knew I could embellish it for next to nothing.

How to Apply Extreme Double-Sided Tape to a Resin Word


To begin, I applied Extreme Double-Sided Tape to the front face of each letter. I used 1/8 inch, 1/4 inch, and 1/2 inch widths to cover the faces of each letter.

How to Apply Glitter to Extreme Double-Sided Tape


Next, I removed the top liner from the tape and sprinkled on copper glitter. I used a dry paintbrush to press the glitter into the tape before gently tapping off the excess.

How to Use Adhesive Dots to Secure Pom Poms to Fall Décor

Lastly, I applied a Mini Adhesive Dot to the center of each ball and pressed on a pompom embellishment. I chose to decorate each letter with a solid color, but I think a fun colorful mix would look amazing as well.

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Supplies:
Adhesive Dots Mini

Home Hobby by 3L Supplies:
Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8in
Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/4in
Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/2in

Other Supplies: Tabletop Resin Word (Meijer); Copper Glitter; (Martha Stewart) Pompoms (Amazon)

Pin It!

Tabletop Resin Fall Word with Copper Glitter and Colorful Pom Poms


Tabletop Resin Fall Word with Copper Glitter and Colorful Pom Poms


Comments

Post a Comment