Soul Singing Scrapbook Layout - Clique International

 

Floral Scrapbook Layout with Shaker Frame Embellishments

Hi! I'm sharing a scrapbook layout that I created for Clique International today. I was inspired to create this layout after listening to the song "Soul Singing" by The Black Crowes. I've been streaming a lot of concerts from home over the last 6 months. One of the most recent shows featured various artists, one of whom was Rich Robinson. After that show ended, YouTube auto-played The Black Crowes VH1 Unplugged Show from 2008 (which I highly recommend!). Since then, I've had those songs running through my head.


Whenever life has me feeling stressed out, I always find relief by looking through photos of my family, especially my young nieces and nephews. I found this gem and couldn't help but smile! This sweet photo and two lines from the song; "My life's a smile not a frown," and "You got my soul singing," were all I needed to get my mojo running. I combined the Bad Girls Couture and Clique International Limited Edition Bliss Kit with the American Crafts Urban Legend Base Kit to create this page. The pastel color palettes, flowers, and wood grain designs of both kits blend really well together.

How to Embellish a Paper Frame with Die-Cuts and Chipboard Stickers

I cut two wood frames from one of the Mintay patterned papers from the Bliss Kit. I used one for a photo frame which I embellished with a die-cut from the Urban Legend Kit and a chipboard sticker from the Bliss Kit. I placed the foam flower stickers from the Urban Legend kit under my photo to help raise it off the background paper.

How to Create a Shaker Frame Embellishment Using Everyday Scrapbook Supplies

I created a shaker embellishment with the second wood frame. To create this feature I first cut a piece of patterned paper the same size as the frame. Then, I applied foam tape around the edge of the floral patterned paper. Next, I sprinkled Clique sequin mix onto the patterned paper. I also added a small die-cut to the area. Lastly, I topped the foam tape with a piece of acetate and then the paper frame. I attached this embellishment to the page just like the other frame, on top of foam flower stickers, for added dimension.

Clique International Supplies:
Bad Girls Couture and Clique International Limited Edition Bliss Kit
American Crafts Urban Legend Base Kit
Other Supplies: Acetate; Black Pen: Ranger; E-Z Runner Ultra Permanent Refillable Dispenser, 3D Foam Lines: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Soul Singing Smile Floral Scrapbook Layout with Shaker Frame Embellishments


Comments

Post a Comment