Dog Lovers Magnetic Shadow Box Frame - Clique International

 

How to alter a Foundations Décor Magnetic Shadow Box Frame for dog lovers using the Bella Blvd Cooper Add-on Kit from Clique International

Hi! I'm sharing a dog themed shadow box that I altered for Clique International using the super cute Bella Blvd Cooper Add-On Kit and a Foundations Décor Magnetic Shadow Box. I had a lot of fun creating this décor piece celebrating all the fantastic dogs in my life. I'm not able to socialize with family as much as I would like during this pandemic, which means I'm also missing spending time with my favorite furry friends. This frame has place of pride on my mantle where I can look at it often during my day.

Foundations Décor Magnetic Shadow Box Measurements
I like to plan décor projects in advance as they are a bit more involved. I thought it would be helpful to share the specific measurements of this tray and the compartments, as well as some assembly details, before going into the design specifics.

The outer measurement of the shadow box frame is 12.25 x 12.25 inches. A metal sheet is sandwiched between a top compartmentalized wood frame and a solid piece of wood. The metal layer holds the wood inserts with magnets that are applied by a simple peel and stick method to the back of the wood inserts. The wood inserts are easy to pop in and out of the frame. This feature allows one frame to be used all year long, swapping the inserts with the changing seasons. (CLICK HERE to see the Easter Frame I embellished earlier this year.) The frame is nearly 5/8 inches thick, so after adding the wood inserts and the magnets, there is about a 1/4 inch of space to the top edge of the frame. This means there is plenty of room for thicker and/or layered embellishments!

Wood Insert Measurements (1/8 inch MDF, 6 Total)
2.5 x 11.25 inches (1)
4 x 3.25 inches (2)
4 x 5x5 inches (2)
4 x 4 inches (1)

Note: This shadow box can be altered in any orientation if you are designing with blank wood inserts and not a specific shadow box kit.

Magnetic Shadow Box Design Details

How to alter a Foundations Décor Magnetic Shadow Box Frame for dog lovers using the Bella Blvd Cooper Add-on Kit from Clique International

After covering the wood insert with patterned paper from the American Crafts A Simpler Life Base Kit, I embossed a piece of chipboard from my stash to add a pop of bright red to the title spot of this frame. Then, I embellished the chipboard with a house button and glass bead from the Cooper Kit. I used an American Crafts Thickers Alphabet Set from a past kit to spell out 'Home is Where My Dog Is.'

How to alter a Foundations Décor Magnetic Shadow Box Frame for dog lovers using the Bella Blvd Cooper Add-on Kit from Clique International

I used the Newton's Nook Woof Add-on Kit to add small stamped paw print around the title insert.

How to alter a Foundations Décor Magnetic Shadow Box Frame for dog lovers using the Bella Blvd Cooper Add-on Kit from Clique International

I used the same design formula to embellish each wood insert to fill the rest of the fame. I topped patterned papers from the kits with a photo of a family dog, and then added die-cuts, buttons, glass beads, and a letter for the first initial of each dog's name.

How to alter a Foundations Décor Magnetic Shadow Box Frame for dog lovers using the Bella Blvd Cooper Add-on Kit from Clique International

How to alter a Foundations Décor Magnetic Shadow Box Frame for dog lovers using the Bella Blvd Cooper Add-on Kit from Clique International

How to alter a Foundations Décor Magnetic Shadow Box Frame for dog lovers using the Bella Blvd Cooper Add-on Kit from Clique International

How to alter a Foundations Décor Magnetic Shadow Box Frame for dog lovers using the Bella Blvd Cooper Add-on Kit from Clique International

I added more embossed chipboard pieces from my stash to the bottom of the frame. Lastly, I tied a piece of ribbon around the frame for some contrasting texture.

I hope I have inspired you today! I you have any questions about working with this magnetic shadow box, please leave me a note in the comments section and I'll be happy to answer.

If you're looking for a fun shadow box kit, there are a couple to choose from in the Clique Store:
Limited Edition Kit - Baby Shadow Box Bundle
Limited Edition Kit - Spring Shadow Box Bundle

Clique International Supplies:
Bella Blvd Cooper Add-on Kit
Newton's Nook Woof Add-on Kit
American Crafts A Simpler Life Base Kit
Foundations Décor Magnetic Shadow Box Frame

Other Supplies: Chipboard: Creative Embellishments; Embossing Powder: Ranger; Ink: Tsukineko; Ribbon: May Arts; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

How to alter a Foundations Décor Magnetic Shadow Box Frame for dog lovers using the Bella Blvd Cooper Add-on Kit from Clique International


Comments

  1. Love love love love this! LOVING that mask of his and all the photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! My Dad and his dog are definitely best buds, LOL.

      Delete

Post a Comment