Mall Santa Scrapbook Layout - More Than Words Challenges

A delightful Christmas layout by Dana Tatar shows a childhood visit with Santa in 1984.

Hi! I'm sharing the layout I created for the More Than Words December 2020 Main Challenge today. The word challenge this month is CHILDHOOD and the creative challenge is ADD GOLD. One of my favorite CHILDHOOD memories is visiting Santa. I still get excited when I see him at the mall. There is still a bit of magic left in the season for me, even now. I added GOLD texture paste, stars, metallic fringe, and adhesive gems. I used the Pretty Little Studio Glitter and Ice collection for this layout. I love how well the colors match the outfits my sister and I were wearing way back in 1984!

How to Use Window Stickers as Embellishments on a Scrapbook Layout

I added a couple of large glitter snowflakes to the base of this page. They are from a package of Martha Stewart window stickers. (They stick to paper just fine and are repositionable if you peel them up carefully.) Once I had the sticker down, I topped it with pieces of patterned paper, a die-cut label, a gold glitter star, and the numbers 84 for the year.

How to Use Clear Stickers on a Scrapbook Layout

I cut layers of patterned paper to stack under the photo, which is a scanned copy of the original polaroid. I applied several clear stickers and a fun piece of felt trim for a pop of red.

How to Add Gold Accents to a Christmas Scrapbook Layout

That's me on the left! I topped the photo with another gold glittery star and a piece of gold foil fringe. I really wanted to pull out the deep blue from the photo, so I added a blue piece of flair to the bottom left corner of the picture.

How to Build Up Layers of Different Textures on a Scrapbook Layout

I added a simple letter sticker title under the photo. I still look for Santa when I see the Christmas Village scene set up at the mall.

How to Journal on Die-cut Labels on a Scrapbook Layout

I added my journaling to label die-cuts to finish the page.

More Than Words December 2020 Main Challenge Board Childhood and Add Gold

At this time of year we often associate CHILDHOOD with Christmas as it can be such a special time. We'd love to see what you're inspired to create this month! If you'd prefer to create about your own childhood or a special memory you have, we'd love to see that as well. We do need to see in your project how our word inspired you. It seems the right time of year for some sparkle and shine, so we'd like to see you ADD GOLD to your project! Share you work via the linky tool on the More Than Words Challenges Blog by the end of the month to be eligible for one of several amazing prize packages from our sponsors.

Supplies: Patterned Paper, Die-Cuts, Clear Stickers, Flair: Pretty Little Studio; Gold Texture Paste: Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft; Felt Trim: Queen and Company; Gold Gems: Queen and Company; Letter Stickers: American Crafts; Snowflake Window Stickers: Martha Stewart Crafts; Gold Fringe Tape: We R Memory Keepers; Gold Glitter Stars: Amy Tangerine; Marker: American Crafts; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

A delightful Christmas layout by Dana Tatar shows a childhood visit with Santa in 1984.


Comments

  1. I still love seeing Santa at the mall too! I loveeeeeee this! What a fabulous memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous layout! Dana. Love the beautiful colors on the background. The photo is super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment