Love Birds Arch - Creative Embellishments

 

Soulmate Love Birds Mixed Media Arch with Decoupage Paper Painted Chipboard and Acrylic Heart

Hi! I'm sharing an arch inspired by love for Creative Embellishments. Instead of a card this month, why not surprise your soulmate with a mixed media arch featuring love birds decoupage paper, painted chipboard layers, flowers, and a pink acrylic heart. This arch is 1 panel from the Triptych Style 3 and measures 9.25 inches by 6 inches.

How to Layer Decoupage Paper and Chipboard to Create a Mixed Media Arch

I first painted the base of the arch a light blue. Once the paint was dry, I sealed a piece of decoupage rice paper over the top. I thought the love birds were perfect for February! To help the decorative border stand out I applied a layer of gold paint. I used a paint pen to color the Soulmate chipboard from the Best Friends Border Words Set. I applied a layer of glitter glue for a shimmery finish. I attached the word over the top of the arch and then trimmed the excess chipboard from both ends.

Chipboard Leaf Cluster with Pink and Orange Acrylic Paint and Glitter

I wanted to add more flowers to the arch. I chose the Leaves Cluster and used pink and orange acrylic paint to color the leaves to look like the flowers on the paper. I used 3D foam circles to attach the flowers to the arch for extra dimension.

Love Birds Rice Paper with Pink Acrylic Heart

To finish the arch, I applied a Pink Acrylic Heart and a True Love rub-on.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Pink Acrylic Hearts
Leaves Cluster
Best Friends Border Words Set
Triptych Style 3

Other Supplies: Rice Paper: Decoupage Queen; Rub-on: Tim Holtz; Pink Flowers; Acrylic Paint: DecoArt; Paint Pens: Zig; Stickles: Ranger; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Soulmate Love Birds Mixed Media Arch with Decoupage Paper Painted Chipboard and Acrylic Heart


Comments