Love is Love ATCs - Clique International Galentine's Day Crop

 

How to Create Valentines Day Artist Trading Cards with Texture and Dimension

Hi! I created this set of love themed artist trading card for the Clique International Galentine's Day Crop happening today and tomorrow. If you haven't created in this size before, Artist Trading Cards( ATCs) measure 2.5 x 3.5 inches, the same size as modern trading cards (i.e. Baseball). You can use old playing cards as the base for ATCs. I cut all my cards from empty cereal boxes. Any medium or media can be used on an ATC as long as the card meets the size requirements. One other important distinction is that ATCs are traded, not sold. 

How to Create and Artist Trading Card to Swap with a Box of Candy Hearts for Valentines Day

ATCs are the same size as many Valentine's Day candy boxes, so cards can be traded along with a sweet treat! I created my cards using the Voices of Courage Love is Love Kit, gold heart and letter stickers from past kits, Bad Girls Couture Bliss Acrylic Paints, and small embellishments and mediums from my stash.

Doodled Hearts and Love Letters Artist Trading Card Dipped in Pink Acrylic Paint for Valentines Day

After covering the card with patterned paper, I used a heart stencil and a paint pen to add bright yellow hearts to the background of the card. Once the paint was dry, I used a black marker to trace around the edges of the hearts for a doodled design. I cut doodled letters from the 12x12 sticker sheet from the kit to spell the word LOVE and pressed them onto the card. I glued an acrylic heart onto the center of the letter O to add dimension to the card. Lastly, I dipped the edges of the card in Bad Girls Couture Pink Acrylic Paint.

Valentines Day Love Artist Trading Card with Acrylic Shape Sequin Filled Shaker Embellishment

First, I covered the card with patterned paper. Next, I selected several Kimidori My Colors Acrylic Pieces to use on the card. I created a shaker element with an acrylic frame, acetate, a Clique sequin mix, and 3D Foam Strips. Once the shaker was complete, I glued it to the card and embellished the bottom with more acrylic pieces and a cardstock sticker.

Artist Trading Card with Heart Shaped Punchinella Puffy Heart Stickers and Heart Print Washi Tape for Valentines Day

I created this card from leftover kit pieces. After covering the card with patterned paper, I added a piece of heart shaped punchinella from my stash. A piece of lace or a die-cut negative would also look fantastic. I never use the X's and Zeros from letter sticker sets, so it was fun to use them along the bottom of this card. I finished embellishing this card with small gold puffy heart stickers and heart patterned washi tape.

On Saturday, February 13th, Crop Challenges will be posted and open for you to play along through February 28th at 11:59 PM. Each challenge will have a prize awarded to one winner! Winners will be announced March 1, 2021

Clique International Galentines Day Crop Challenges

There are 3 Mini Classes:
Cards (pre-recorded video)
Mastering Embellishments (LIVE)
Mini Album Class (pre-recorded video)

There are also Create with Me activities on each day.
Saturday 2/13 will be LIVE and hosted by Betz Golden. (You can catch the recording if you miss it.) Sunday 2/14 Nicole Martel will be sharing a video of her process making a layout for you.

Finally, we have the actual virtual crop, the time depends on your time zone:
HAWAIIAN TIME: February 13th 10 am-6 pm
PACIFIC TIME: February 13th 12 noon-8 pm
MOUNTAIN TIME: February 13th 1 pm-9 pm
CENTRAL TIME: February 13th 2 pm-10 pm
EASTERN TIME February 13th 3 pm-11 pm
ROME: February 13th 9pm - February 14th 5 am
MELBOURNE: February 14th 7 am- 3 pm
SANTIAGO: February 13th 5 pm- February 14th 1 am

We will provide a map of where to find all of the activities in the event including how to access the live party. This event is 100% free and open to anyone with no purchase necessary! We hope you'll join us!

Comments