Double Rainbow Scrapbook Layout - Clique International

 

Colorful Double Rainbow Scrapbook Layout with DIY Die-Cut Rainbow Cardstock and Rainbow Filled Cloud Shaker Embellishment

Hi! I'm sharing a scrapbook layout filled with happy rainbows for Clique International today for the new blog category On Repeat. Whether it is color, pattern, texture, or shape, the idea behind these posts is to find something that inspires you and use it in a repetitive way. I think it is pretty obvious that I chose to repeat rainbows! I used colorful cardstock and a My Favorite Things Happy Rainbow Die to create my own base patterned paper. I topped that with rainbow vellum, a shaker embellishment filled with rainbow shaker elements, and a photo of a double rainbow.

A double rainbow is considered a symbol of transformation and is a sign of good fortune. The first arc represents the material world, and the second arc signifies the spiritual realm. Double rainbows are also thought to be a sign of future success. Furthermore, anuenue means "rainbow" in Hawaiian and is a common theme in many Clique kits. If you're a fan of rainbows, you'll easily find what you need to make a similar layout in the Clique Shop.

How to Create Your Own Patterned Paper Using Colorful Cardstock and a Rainbow Cutting Die

I have a confession to make; cardstock scares me! I try all the time to use it as the base for my layouts, but the lack of a print really challenges my patterned paper loving brain. To finally cut in to my beautiful colored cardstock stash I decided to create my own patterned cardstock.

Colorful Rainbow Print Cardstock Created with a Rainbow Cutting Die

It took some time and a lot of work with my Cuttlebug (120 2.5 x 3 inch rectangles) to cut enough rainbows to fill a piece of cardstock, but I'm absolutely thrilled with the result and the fabulous texture! I saved all the extra rainbow pieces, so I can create 4 more 12x12 designs, plus create something fun with all the rainbow negatives.

White Foam Letter Title and Journaling on a Vellum Rainbow

Once my base cardstock was complete, I added another rainbow using the Pretty Little Studio Rainbow Connection Vellum from the Color Me Happy Clique Sampler Kit. I used the arcs as a guide for my title letters. This vellum sheet worked perfectly for a smooth journaling spot.

Chipboard and Acrylic White Cloud Shaker Embellishment Filled with Rainbow Elements

My Sister-in-Law captured this gorgeous double rainbow while vacationing in the Virgin Islands several years ago. I marked the end of each rainbow in the photo with Waffleflower Enamel Dots. Finally, I assembled a cardstock cloud shaker embellishment and filled it with Dress My Craft Rainbow Shaker Elements.

Clique International Supplies:
Dress My Craft Rainbow Shaker Elements
Color Me Happy Clique Sampler Kit
Clique Chromatics Anuenue Kit
American Crafts Textured Cardstock: Lemon, Pool, Ocean, Taffy, Emerald

Other Supplies: Chipboard Cloud Shaker: Creative Embellishments; White Acrylic Paint; White Foam Letter Stickers; 12x12 Adhesive Sheet: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Colorful Double Rainbow Scrapbook Layout with DIY Die-Cut Rainbow Cardstock and Rainbow Filled Cloud Shaker Embellishment


Comments