Queen Bee Arch - Creative Embellishments

 

Sweet As Honey Queen Bee Arch with Painted Chipboard Designs and Decoupage Paper

Hi! I'm sharing an arch I altered for Creative Embellishments today. I had so much fun creating my arch last month, that I decided to alter another one, this one featuring a queen bee, decoupage paper, a painted chipboard greeting and flowers, and gold accents. I think the queen bee is perfect for Spring and it can't arrive soon enough. This arch is 1 panel from the Triptych Style 3 and measures 9.25 inches by 6 inches.

Sweet As Honey Queen Bee Arch with Painted Chipboard Designs and Decoupage Paper

I first painted the base of the arch a light yellow. Once the paint was dry, I sealed a piece of decoupage rice paper over the top and added a piece of gold wire mesh that I saved from a champagne bottle. This was a fun way to add a second layer of hexagon shapes. I applied gold paint to the decorative border. I embellished the crown with a painted petal portion of a Sunflower and gold rhinestones.

Sweet As Honey Queen Bee Arch with Painted Chipboard Designs and Decoupage Paper

I cut apart a Sweet As Honey title piece and placed it above and below the bee on the arch. I used metallic paint to color the words and then applied a layer of glitter glue for a shimmery finish. I trimmed part of the decorative chipboard border from the bottom of the arch to make the word honey easier to read.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Sunflowers
Sweet As Honey Title Set
Triptych Style 3

Other Supplies: Rice Paper: Decoupage Queen; Rhinestones: Want2Scrap; Gold Wire Mesh; Metallic Paint: Clearsnap; Acrylic Paint: DecoArt; Zig Paint Pens: EK Success; Stickles: Ranger; Decoupage Glue: Helmar; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Sweet As Honey Queen Bee Arch with Painted Chipboard Designs and Decoupage Paper


Comments