Quilled Shamrock Plank Décor - Clique International

 

Mixed Media Wood Plank Decor for St. Patrick's Day with Quilled Shamrocks and Grass
Hi! I'm sharing a home décor piece I created for Clique International. Nearly half of my ancestry is Irish. I don't usually decorate for St. Patrick's Day because I spend most of my free time in the kitchen cooking all my favorite Irish dishes for my family. I thought it would be nice to create something to celebrate my family history. What better way than with the shamrock, the national emblem of Ireland.

I'm continuing my adventure with quilling. I used several tools for this project for the first time; a pin board, a paper crimper (so fun!), and a quilling comb. The gorgeous blend of green quilling papers is from the Quilling for Scrapbookers Refill Kit from Clique International. The Romanticherie Lime and Peach Vellum made a fantastic background and was a more arty way to represent the green, white, and orange of the Irish flag.

Shades of Green Quilled Shamrock Décor

I am amazed and grateful for all the talented quillers who take the time to share their patterns! I followed a shamrock tutorial from Meredith at The Papery Craftery for this project. The only change I made to her design was adding the crimped paper around the petals.

Shades of Green Quilled Grass St. Patrick's Day Décor


I used a grass tutorial from Quilling by ManuK. This piece was definitely a labor of love, and I have a long way to go before I feel confident in my quilling skills.

I added some enamel dots, gold mist splatters and a sticker saying about luck to finish this piece.

Clique International Supplies:
Romanticherie Lime and Peach Vellum
Explore and Learn Series: Quilling for Scrapbookers Kit
Explore and Learn Series: Quilling for Scrapbookers Refill Kit

Other Supplies: Wood Plank: Walnut Hollow; Enamel Dots: Pebbles; Gold Mist: Ranger; Sticker: Tim Holtz; Dual Tip Glue Pen: HomeHobby by 3L

Pin It!

Mixed Media Wood Plank Decor for St. Patrick's Day with Quilled Shamrocks and Grass


Comments