Mason Jar Shaker Lemonade Tag - Creative Embellishments

 

This sunny lemonade tag with a mason jar shaker filled with lemon slices and sequins is easy to  create with everyday craft supplies.

Hi! I'm sharing the tag I created for the Creative Embellishments April Challenge today. The challenge this month is to create a monochromatic project, your choice of any color plus black and white, with a creative twist of adding washi tape. I'm looking forward to slow and sunny Summer days where I have the time to enjoy a cold glass of lemonade on the patio. Until then, I'm feeling some summer vibes with this fresh lemonade tag. 

Mason Jar Shaker Element Filled with Painted Lemon Slice Chipboard Pieces and Sequins

I used one of the Large Tags for the base. I covered the tag with Beatrice Garni lemon print patterned paper and a strip of yellow washi tape. I created my own shaker feature using a mason jar cutting die that is part of the Stampendous Dome Jar Shaker Die Set

To create the shaker element, I used the mason jar die to cut cardboard, yellow cardstock, and vellum, which I secured together to create a sturdy base for the shaker. I also used the mason jar die to cut a piece of acetate for the top of the shaker. Next, I applied 3D Foam Strips around the edge of the mason jar. I filled the shaker with Lemon Slices (scroll down to learn how I painted the lemons) and sequins. I placed the acetate onto the foam strips to seal the shaker. To cover up the adhesive foam, I applied Extreme Double-Sided Tape around the edge of the acetate and then dipped it into yellow glitter.

Mason Jar Lemonade Shaker with Painted Lemon Slice Chipboard

I used a mason jar lid die from the set with grey cardstock to create a lid of the jar, which I then topped with a lemon slice and a paper straw. I painted each lemon slice with Posca paint pens. Once the paint was dry I applied yellow Perfect Pearls around the edge of each lemon. I covered each fruit segment with a layer of Stickles glitter glue for a touch of sparkle.

Gecko Galz Fresh Lemonade Digital ClipArt on a Lemonade Tag with Yellow Paper Flowers

I finished embellishing the tag with a Gecko Galz digital fresh lemonade sign, bright yellow flowers, yellow enamel dots, and yellow striped ribbon. 

Sunny Yellow Lemonade Tag with Lemons Flowers Enamel Dots Washi Tape and a Sentiment Sticker

I added a sentiment sticker that reads 'find joy in the ordinary.'

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Lemon /Lime Chipboard Set
Large Tags Set

Other Supplies: Cardstock: Core'dinations; Patterned Paper: Beatrice Garni; Digital Image: Gecko Galz; Flowers: Prima Marketing; Enamel Dots: Want2Scrap; Sentiment Sticker: Tim Holtz; Washi Tape: Studio Calico; Glitter: American Crafts; Sequin Mix: Clique International; Ribbon; Cardboard; Vellum; Acetate; Dome Jar Shaker Die Set: Stampendous; Paint Pens: Posca; Perfect Pearls, Stickles: Ranger; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

This sunny lemonade tag with a mason jar shaker filled with lemon slices and sequins is easy to  create with everyday craft supplies.


Comments