You Matter Stenciled Scrapbook Layout - Clique International

 

Colorful Best Friends Scrapbook Layout with Large Stenciled Face Butterflies and Black Pumas Colors Song Lyrics

Hi! I'm sharing a layout that was inspired by the Black Pumas song Colors that I created for Clique International today. I used the sold out Mesa Base Kit. If you missed this kit you can put together an almost identical version using the Mesa Add-On Kit, the Brave and Bold 12x12 Designer Paper Pack, and the Carefree 12x12 Designer Paper Pack.

The song Colors explores the natural and colorful diversity that can be found in any given moment of our lives. What I loved most about my time living in the Washington, D.C. area was the mix of people and cultures. It was refreshing to have my children attend a school where they were in the minority. We were constantly exposed to people of different backgrounds who spoke other languages. We were so lucky to become fast friends with a wonderful family from Ethiopia with children the same age as mine.

How to Stencil a Large Face and Butterflies onto Patterned Paper for Scrapbooking

I chose the Heidi Swapp Vista patterned paper as the base of my layout for the beautiful waves of color. I used a stencil from my stash to apply a large face and butterflies to the background of the page. I centered the eye in the middle of the waves of color. I liked the depth created with just a simple black outline, so I left the stenciled image as is.

Colorful Best Friends Scrapbook Layout Celebrating Diversity

I layered simple embellishments around the photo and included the song lyrics on the journaling card.

It's a good day to be
A good day for me
A good day to see my favorite colors, colors
My sisters and my brothers
See 'em like no other
All my favorite colors

How to Fussy Cut Patterned Paper Butterflies for Scrapbooking Embellishments

The Amy Tangerine Monarch patterned paper matched both the stenciled butterflies and the color palette of the base patterned paper so I cut several butterflies out to use as dimensional embellishments.

Clique International Supplies:
Heidi Swapp + American Crafts Mesa Base Kit
Heidi Swapp + American Crafts Mesa Add-On Kit
Heidi Swapp Carefree 12x12 Designer Paper Pack
Amy Tangerine Brave and Bold 12x12 Designer Paper Pack

Other Supplies: Jamie Dougherty 12x12 Bloom Girls Sharon Stencil: Prima Marketing; Black Marker; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L; Song Lyrics: Colors by Black Pumas

Pin It!

Colorful Best Friends Scrapbook Layout with Large Stenciled Face Butterflies and Black Pumas Colors Song Lyrics


Comments