Rebel Yell Artist Trading Card Version 2 - More Than Words Challenges

 

Tears of Pain Rebel Yell Pop Art Glittered Artist Trading Card
Hi! I'm sharing the artist trading card I created for the More Than Words Challenges June Mini Challenge today. The mini challenge word this month is IDOL. I immediately thought of the Billy Idol song "Rebel Yell" and used some of those lyrics as my inspiration. This artist trading card is a companion piece to a design I created last year using a pop art image and Billy IDOL song lyrics. I used the same song, but different lyrics, and a different image, for this card. It was fun trying a variation on a theme using different mediums and techniques.

Tears of Pain Rebel Yell Pop Art Glittered Artist Trading Card

I started with a stock photo of a woman crying and added halftone circle stamping on top to give the image a pop art effect. I applied glaze to the tears to give them dimension. I used Stickles over the lips to add a lot of sparkle.

Tears of Pain Rebel Yell Pop Art Glittered Artist Trading Card

I added the lyrics to the bottom of the card. I applied Silver Glitter Acrylic Stars and purple chalk ink around the edges to finish the card.

More Than Words June 2021 Mini Challenge Mood Board

I hope I have inspired you to join in the fun! We want to see how you will use the word IDOL on your small projects, so join our challenge this month.

Supplies: Halftone Circle Stamp: Creative Embellishments; Chalk Ink: Clearsnap; Acrylic Glitter Stars: Creative Embellishments; Glaze: Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft; Stickles: Ranger; Song Lyrics: Billy Idol "Rebel Yell"

Pin It!

Tears of Pain Rebel Yell Pop Art Glittered Artist Trading Card


Comments