Black Cat Scrapbook Layout - Creative Embellishments

 

Black Cat October Calendar Page Scrapbook Layout
Hi! I'm sharing a fall scrapbook layout that I created for Creative Embellishments today. I switched up my usual layout size from 12x12 to 11x14 by using a gorgeous Linnea poster calendar as the base. The expanded size was fun to embellish and I love the large black cat design.

Black Cat October Calendar Page Scrapbook Layout

This October calendar poster was not from this current year, so I used acrylic paint to cover the numbered days of the week. I used the spider web portion of the Halloween Stencil with brown dye ink to add a subtle web pattern across the bottom of the page. The Cats on Fence Border was the perfect piece of chipboard for this layout! I wanted a matte finish, so I applied dye ink and acrylic paint directly to the raw chipboard. I used lyrics from the song "Rhiannon" instead of journaling, which really works with the theme of this page. "She is like a cat in the dark and then she is to darkness."

Black Cat October Calendar Page Scrapbook Layout

I used a portion of the Art Deco Aztec Frame to embellish the top right corner of the page. I painted this chipboard embellishment with maroon acrylic paint.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Art Deco Aztec Frames
Cats on Fence Border
Halloween Stencil

Other Supplies: October Linnea Calendar Page; Acrylic Paint: DecoArt; Dye Ink: Clearsnap; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Black Cat October Calendar Page Scrapbook Layout


Comments