Halloween Artist Trading Coins - Creative Embellishments

Halloween Artist Trading Coin Shaker Set

Hi! I'm sharing a set of Halloween themed artist trading coins that I created for Creative Embellishments today. Any Artist Trading Coin can be converted into a shaker coin with the addition of an ATC Coin Ring and Shaker Acrylic Piece. I only used a handful of supplies to put these coins together and approached the design and assembly of each shaker coin in the same way.

Spider Web Artist Trading Coin with Silver Sequin Shaker Feature

Graveyard Artist Trading Card with Gold Star Sequin Shaker Feature

I started this project by first applying a coat of gesso to each coin base and coin topper. I've found that it is much easier to blend ink on chipboard pieces that are sealed with paint. I brushed on several colors of dye ink to each coin base and then blended until I was happy with the background color. I then applied a thin layer of crackle medium to each coin base to seal the ink. I used a variety of dye ink, iridescent ink, and paint pens to color the coin toppers.

Skulls and Bones Artist Trading Coin with White Acrylic Skull and Bones Shaker Feature

Vampire Teeth Artist Trading Coin with Red Sequin Shaker Feature

Once the bases and toppers were dry, I glued a coin ring to each coin base. I stacked two coin rings onto the coin with the White Skull and Bones Acrylic Pieces, which are thicker than the sequins that I used to fill the other coins. To finish, I glued the acrylic shaker piece and coin topper to each design. I stopped there, but some spooky sentiments would be a great addition.

If you're an artist trading coin fan, let's trade! Drop me a message in the comments if you'd like to add one of these coins to your collection.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Artist Trading Coins
ATC Coin Rings and Shaker Acrylic Pieces
White Acrylic Skull and Bones

Other Supplies: Gesso; Dye Ink: Ranger; Iridescent Ink: Clearsnap; Crackle Medium: Ranger; Sequins

Pin It!

Halloween Artist Trading Coin Shaker Set


Comments

  1. These are really fun! I have made ATCs and ATCoins before, but not shaker ones! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to trade an ATCoin with you but mine might not be a shaker, if that is OK....
      are you in the US?

      Delete
    2. Yes, let's swap! Look for an email from me with my details. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment