Klimt Mini Book - Clique International

 

Stenciled Cardstock Klimt Inspired Mini Book with Chipboard and Flair Button Embellishments

Hi! I'm sharing a fun mini book that I created for Clique International today. I used the stunning Limited Edition Gustav Klimt Artist Series Kit. The artist series is a new series featuring mixed media supplies in a kit inspired by an iconic artist. This kit features Gustav Klimt, Austrian art nouveau symbolist painter famous for romantic portraits of women with lots of gold. The kit includes a 12x12 double-sided patterned cardstock collection book designed by Stamperia as well as a coordinating stencil by Stamperia and a jar of Copper Penny Stencil Butter from The Crafter's Workshop. There are also two different coordinating die-cut packs; chipboard shapes, and clear shapes made of heavy-weight acetate. If you're a fan of flair like me, you'll be happy to find several handmade Klimt-themed 1-inch enamel flair embellishments. These kits are sure to go fast, so grab one while they last!

Stenciled Cardstock Klimt Inspired Mini Book with Chipboard and Flair Button Embellishments

I created a simple mini book with accordion binding from black cardstock. I embellished the cover first using the stencil from the kit and a metallic gold rub. Next, I added a chipboard shape and piece of flair. I used the Klimt Watercolor Painting Explore and Learn Kit to dye a piece of seam binding ribbon that I used as a tie closure for the book.

Stenciled Cardstock Klimt Inspired Mini Book with Chipboard and Flair Button Embellishments

One of the pieces of patterned cardstock included a collection of mini squares of art. I cut those squares out, edged them with gold paint, and then secured them to the inner pages of the book. Lastly, I stitched two clear acetate heart embellishments to the ribbon.

If you'd like to see all the pages of this mini book, please stop by my Instagram Account for a quick flip-through video.


Other Supplies: Black Cardstock; Seam Binding Ribbon; Metallic Gold Rub; Gold Paint Pen; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Stenciled Cardstock Klimt Inspired Mini Book with Chipboard and Flair Button Embellishments



Comments