Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Spring 2022 Cover Girl Layout!

 

Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout with Quilled Pink Tulips

Hi! I'm super excited to announce that my work is on the cover of the Spring 2022 Issue of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine! When I first started this paper crafting hobby, I never thought that I would see my layout on the cover of a print publication. I'm proud of myself for not giving up and finally achieving one of my scrapbooking goals!

Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout with Quilled Pink Tulips

I was inspired by the plants in the photo provided to me by Creative Scrapbooker Magazine and quilled a pair of tulips. To help the flowers and stems stand out, I backed the designs with tissue paper. I kept the rest of the design simple, only adding a small puffy sticker sentiment and enamel dots for a pop of color.

Spring 2022 Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Cover Layout


Tips for Getting Your Work Published

Here are a couple of tips to keep in mind when creating work that will be considered for the cover of a magazine.

1. Negative Space for Content The magazine will need space to add a masthead and other content details on the cover so leave whitespace at the top and bottom of the layout.

2. Extra Space for Bleed Leave space around the edge of your design that will extend past the trim edge of the magazine. This allows the magazine to be trimmed properly without cutting off any important design details.

3. Visual Interest Incorporate contrast, different textures, and elements that pop into your design that can be used to create a relationship between your layout and the content contained inside the magazine issue.

4. Proper Format Most print publications use a vertical format for their cover designs. Do not create a horizontal layout.

5. Variety Most magazines like variety of their cover designs to keep the visual impact fresh. Take a look a recent past cover art and don't repeat any of those techniques.

6. Don't Give Up! If your work isn't selected for the cover, don't give up. The next issue provides another chance for publication.

Supplies: Mixed Media Paper: Vicki Boutin; Puffy Sticker: Pinkfresh Studio; Enamel Dots: Fancy Pants Designs; Quilling Paper: Quilled Creations; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z Runner Grand Ultra Strong, Dual Tip Glue Pen; Miscellaneous: Tissue Paper, White Cardstock; Quilling Pattern: Sena Runa; Photo Credit: Creative Scrapbooker Inc.

Pin It!

Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout with Quilled Pink Tulips


Comments