Summer Clouds Home Decor - Creative Embellishments

 

Sky Blue Acrylic Paint on a Chipboard Circle with Hand Painted and Acrylic Clouds Summer Decor Piece
Hi! I'm sharing an inspirational piece of home decor that I created after attending the Ray LaMontagne concert last month for Creative Embellishments today. One line from the concert really stuck with me; "summer clouds don't worry about tomorrow." I don't think I should worry about tomorrow either, especially during the summer months. I have this piece sitting in the window of my scrap space to remind me.

Sky Blue Acrylic Paint on a Chipboard Circle with Hand Painted and Acrylic Clouds Summer Decor Piece


I started with the base from the Hypnotic Circle Set, which is just a solid chipboard circle almost 12 inches in diameter. I brushed on a layer of sky-blue acrylic paint, and while the paint was still wet, painted the clouds on top with teal and white paint. The wet paint mixes and blends to create depth which makes the clouds look more realistic. When the paint was dry, I embellished the piece with White Acrylic Clouds. I used photo editing software to print the quote onto paper and I then transferred the words to the chipboard and traced them with a black marker.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Hypnotic Circle Set
White Acrylic Clouds

Other Supplies: Acrylic Paint: DecoArt; Black Marker: Sharpie; Song Lyrics: Ray LaMontagne; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Sky Blue Acrylic Paint on a Chipboard Circle with Hand Painted and Acrylic Clouds Summer Decor Piece


Comments