We're All Mad Coptic Bound Board Book - Creative Embellishments

 

We're All Mad Alice in Wonderland Coptic Bound Board Book Mini Album

Hi! I'm sharing a coptic bound board book that I created to use as a junk journal for Creative Embellishments today. I started with a Little Golden Book and then added Alice in Wonderland themed patterned papers, calendar pages, envelopes, and cardstock to create two different sizes of signatures. I bound the signatures together by hand and colorful plastic charms to the binding. There are several fantastic chipboard designs that are perfect for Alice fans that I also used on the cover and on some of the inner pages. This is the second coptic bound book that I have made, and it is worth the time to get this finished result!

Alice in Wonderland Coptic Board Book with Charm Embellished Binding

I stitched together 4 full size signatures and two mini signatures to create this album. I only added charms down the binding of the middle two signatures so that the album would lay flat and not be hindered when opening and closing the covers. The We're All Mad title and 10/6 card are from the We're All Mad Words Set. I used a paint marker to color the chipboard pieces before adhering them to the book cover.

Chipboard Coin Shaker Embellishment with Painted Card Suit Chipboard Pieces on an Alice in Wonderland Coptic Bound Board Book Mini Album

I put together a small shaker feature using ATC Trading Coin pieces, small chipboard hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades, and some light blue flock.

Alice in Wonderland Coptic Bound Album Page Signatures with Cheshire Cat, White Rabbit, Alice, and the Mad Hatter Chipboard Character Silhouettes

I embellished the front cover and binding to the max, so I kept the signatures simple. Each of the four large signatures has a chipboard character from the Mad Set on the first page. I colored these figures black to create a shadow silhouette. I would have loved to have painted the characters in a lifelike way, but that is beyond the scope of my abilities!

Alice in Wonderland Coptic Bound Mini Album Patterned Paper Signature Insert

I cut down 12x12 patterned papers to create the large signatures and didn't want anything to go to waste. I put together two small signatures with one piece of patterned paper and a couple pages of white cardstock. I added ribbon ties to close each signature.

Alice in Wonderland Coptic Bound Mini Album Patterned Paper Signature Insert


I plan to work on filling the inner pages with artwork and journaling over time. I have some wonderful Alice in Wonderland paper dolls in my stash that will look great in this book.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
We're All Mad Words
Mad Set
ATC Trading Coins
ATC Coin Ring and Shaker Acrylic Pieces

Other Supplies: White Cardstock; Limited Edition Alice in Wonderland Junk Journal Kit: Clique International; Alice in Wonderland Little Golden Book; Paint Pens: Uni-Posca; Plastic Charms; Waxed Rainbow Thread

Pin It!

We're All Mad Alice in Wonderland Coptic Bound Board Book Mini Album


Comments