Christmas Countdown Advent Calendar - Creative Embellishments

 

Countdown the days until Christmas with this colorful advent calendar box embellished with festive chipboard designs from Creative Embellishments.

Hi! I'm sharing an upcycled advent calendar for Creative Embellishments today. I saved the advent calendar packaging from last year and gave it a new life using products from the Fancy Pants Designs Fruitcake and Tinsel Collection and some of my favorite chipboard sets. I used the Christmas Countdown Title on the front of this calendar box, which I colored simply with a paint marker. While I was assembling the covers, I added red ribbon under the patterned paper so that I could tie the calendar closed.

Chipboard Santa Head Shaker Filled with Sequins and Glitter on an Advent Calendar Countdown to Christmas Box

I had a lot of fun painting and embellishing this Santa Head Shaker. I used paint markers to color the chipboard and then filled the colored segments with matching glitter or sequins. I added a sprig of holly from the Poinsettia Set and a blue pompom to Santa's hat. 

Pink Rudolph Reindeer Foam Sticker on an Advent Calendar Box

There wouldn't be a Santa without Rudolph. I added a foam reindeer sticker to the spine of the box and embellished it further with a red rhinestone on the nose.

Countdown the days until Christmas with this colorful advent calendar box embellished with festive chipboard designs from Creative Embellishments.

Opening the box reveals more colorful chipboard embellishments and twenty-six compartments that will hold small gifts.

Painted Chipboard Bauble Cluster on an Advent Calendar Box

The Bauble Cluster 2 chipboard set was the perfect way to embellish the top corner of the inside cover of the calendar. I used paint markers to color the chipboard and then embellished a couple more with red rhinestones.

Santa Claus Sticker on Red and Green Striped Patterned Paper on an Advent Calendar
I applied a sticker to the bottom corner of the front cover of the calendar. Santa Clause in on the way! Let the countdown begin.

Countdown the days until Christmas with this colorful advent calendar box embellished with festive chipboard designs from Creative Embellishments.

The small doors were torn away from the calendar last year, so I cut new doors from a piece of patterned paper and fit it over the box frame. I cut the doors on three sides and then scored the right edge so that the doors can open and close and be refilled year after year. I embellished each door with a Christmas Countdown Tag or a die-cut and sticker from the Fancy Pants Designs Fruitcake and Tinsel collection. I colored the chipboard tags with paint markers and then added a red rhinestone to each. This colorful paper collection had me thinking about strands of multi-colored lights, so I used all the colors on the tags for a festive finish.

I'm looking forward to adding small gifts to each compartment on this calendar and having this piece on display!


Other Supplies: Advent Calendar Box; Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants Designs; Die-Cuts: Fancy Pants Designs; Stickers: Fancy Pants Designs; Enamel Dots: Fancy Pants Designs; Red Rhinestones: Molossi; Paint Markers: Uni-Posca; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L; Miscellaneous: Red Ribbon, Sequins, Glitter, Pompom, Google Eyes

Pin It!

Countdown the days until Christmas with this colorful advent calendar box embellished with festive chipboard designs from Creative Embellishments.



Comments