Beautiful Stranger

Supplies:
Paper: Jenni Bowlin, Graphic 45
Die-Cut Alphas: Graphic 45
Flower Centers, Flowers, Lace Trim, White Pearl: Prima
Notecard: Jenni Bowlin
Picture Corner: Tattered Angels
Tag: Scrapbook Kit Club
Pearls: Queen & Company
Based on a sketch from Sketchy Thursdays

I created this layout for the February Guest Designer Contest at Sketchy Thursdays. This is an old photo of a relative from my husband's family. I don't know anything about this woman, so she is my "beautiful stranger." I wish I could have known her. She looks like a lot of fun! I used some Billy Joel song lyrics for my journaling as a way to describe what this woman could have been like; She can kill with a smile. She can wound with her eyes. She can ruin your faith with her casual lies. And she only reveals what she wants you to see. She hides like a child, but she's always a woman to me. She can lead you to love. She can take you or leave you. She can ask for the truth but she'll never believe you. And she'll take what you give her, as long as it's free. Yeah, she steals like a thief but she's always a woman to me. She is frequently kind and she's suddenly cruel. She can do as she pleases she's nobody's fool. And she can't be convicted she's earned her degree. And the most she will do is throw shadows at you but she's always a woman to me.

Comments

  1. Just browsing through the entries for sketchy thursdays GDT and this caught my eye, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job. Love the post, too. - Heidi, Sketchy Thursdays

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment