Michigan Memories

Supplies:
 Paper: My Mind's Eye
 Letters: American Crafts
 Chipboard: Maya Road
 Flowers: Petaloo, Prima
 Pearls: Basic Grey, Prima
 Crystal Flourishes: Zva Creative
 Sticker: October Afternoon
 Crepe Ribbon: My Mind's Eye
 Twine: My Mind's Eye
 Paint: Ranger
 Ink: Clearsnap
 Miscellaneous: Cardstock, Shells
Reverse Sketch based on a layout by Jan Tatomir

Scrapbook News and Review Magazine has sketches in every issue created by talented staffers. Sketches are used by the staff designers either exactly as is, altered in a fun way or interpreted in a certain design style. Every month one staff layout is selected and a sketch is made based on that layout.  The result is something we call a reverse sketch. This is my take on the reverse sketch based on Jan's fabulous layout for the April Issue. If you love working with sketches, this section of the magazine is sure to offer plenty of inspiration. The May issue is now available!

This is a photo of my husband John and I that was taken way back in 1999 at my family cottage on Lake Huron.  I'm sharing this layout today because I'm on my way back to Michigan for a vacation and will be walking down this beach in a couple of days!  I have a lot of great memories from my time spent at our cottage that include long walks on the beach, the sound of the waves, shell collecting and camp fires.  I used some Crakle paint on the chipboard for my title and brushed it with some Distress ink.  I think the letters look just like a perfectly toasted marshmallow.  Yum!

Comments

  1. Great layout - love the banner! Wish we had some warm sunny days for you to enjoy while you are at the beach...but it has been cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page-love that you put that starfish on your lo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment