Persevere

Supplies:
Photo Paper: Kodak
Letters: Paper Trunk
Flowers, Branches: Petaloo
Leaves: Prima
Butterflies: Webster's Pages
Mist: Tattered Angels
Other: Salt, Frame

My word for 2012 is PERSEVERE; to persist in anything undertaken; maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement; continue steadfastly.  I made this frame to sit on my scrap desk, to remind me everyday not to give up.

I had a lot of fun making the background for this piece using mist and kosher salt.  I love the effect the salt has when it mixes with the ink.  I used letter stickers as a mask for my word and peeled them away once my background was dry.


I usually start out the new year with high expectations and a ton of energy and by the end of the year I'm hanging by a thread.  I'm determined that this year will be different for me!

Comments

  1. Great word but FAB project!! I will have to try this technique looks cool! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment