My Story Mini Book - SNR Magazine

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Webster's Pages
Lace: Webster's Pages
Rhinestones: Webster's Pages
Ribbon: Offray
Thread: Iris
Ink: Ranger
Glaze: JudiKins
Pen: Martha Stewart, Zig
Other: Brad, Chipboard
Mini Book Template: JAnn B Designs



I'm sharing a mini book that I created for the Webster's Pages sponsored event at Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.  The adage "a picture is worth a thousand words" is deceptively comforting to me, and many times, I am able to convince myself that a single still image is a sufficient means to preserve my memories.   As time passes and my memories fade, I realize that without journaling of some kind, the stories of events that I treasure the most will go with me, leaving future generations with nameless faces and forgotten times.
Documenting several years of a life does not have to comprise several volumes or require a painstaking amount of time to complete. 
This mini book measures less than three inches square and contains some of my favorite stories and memories from the first 25 years of my life. I have included stories from the day I was born, my wedding day, my first home and the births of my children. I also highlight some of my favorite memories about friends, pets, and school, as well as my plans and hopes for the future. With six double-sided pages and eight pullout tags, this book holds a lot of information despite its small size.
The Webster's Pages All About Me Collection is one of my all-time favorites and I have many more layouts and a card to share sometime soon.  Thanks for stopping by today!

Comments

  1. Dana this is absolutely stunning. What a beautiful idea and so neatly done. How clever is this!

    I have got a bag full of photographs from the early half of the 1900's and I would love to know the stories about the people in the pictures..

    Keep up the good work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t even know how I finished up right here,

    but I believed this post used to be good. I

    do not realize who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!
    My site - chipper

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment