Girl Talk - CropStop


I'm sharing a layout featuring some Couture Creations embossing folders for my second Guest Design project for the CropStop. I'm loving all the texture that I was able to add to my layout using these embossing folders. The Couture Creations embossing folders have a 2-inch slot feature, which allowed me to create long continuous embossed strips, that I then cut into a frame for my page! I also embossed my photo mat and some leaves to help fill out my flower clusters.


A frame like this comes together in a few quick steps. Note the slot in the embossing folder. I love this feature!


To create a frame for a 12x12 layout, cut 4, 12x2-inch strips of patterned paper. Place the first strip in the Couture Creations Ambrosia Embossing Folder, lining up the edge of the paper strip with the top of the embossing folder, and run it through an embossing machine.

The first run through the embossing machine will emboss half of the paper strip.  To emboss the second half of the paper strip, insert the paper through the slot in the top of the embossing folder, carefully align a small portion of the embossed pattern on the paper strip with the pattern on the embossing folder, and run the folder through the embossing machine again. Repeat this process for the remaining 3 strips of paper.


Highlight the raised areas and the edges of the paper strips with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink. To create the corners of the frame, line two paper strips up perpendicularly and cut through both pieces at a 45-degree angle. Repeat this process for the remaining 3 corners.


Adhere the paper strips to a 12x12 piece of patterned paper or cardstock to finish.


I embossed a piece of patterned paper with the Couture Creations Damask Embossing Folder for use as a photo mat. I highlighted the raised areas and the edges with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink. I love the extra pop of bright yellow from the ink.


I love flowers, so I made my own with the help of the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Die. You can find the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Decorate Strip Die, which is similar, in the CropStop Store.


Once the flowers were cut, I lightly spritzed them with water, scrunched them, and left them to dry.


I used Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade to highlight the creases on my flower petals.  I placed Zots between different layers of colored petals to create my flowers, which I then finished with a Candi Dot or mini flower center.


I used the Couture Creations Ambrosia Embossing Folder to create some textured leaves to round out my flower clusters.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to use embossing folders.  Please visit again next week. I'm looking forward to sharing my next project!

CropStop Supplies

Linked product is available in the CropStop Store.  Use the CropStop Blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase of $30 or more!

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Crate Paper; Stickers: Crate Paper; Embossing Folders: Couture Creations; Tattered Floral Die: Sizzix; Ink: Ranger; Dots: Candi; Adhesive: Zots; Other: Butterflies, Ribbon, Mini Flowers

Comments

  1. I love how you used those embossing folders! Aren't they pretty fantastic? Wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment