Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back to School Card - Creative Inspirations Paint


Hi! I'm sharing a card for the Inspired By: Back to School challenge theme this week at Creative Inspirations Paint. I layered several patterned papers that reminded me of my own school days onto the base of my card. I used the Genuinely Jane Stamp by 100 Proof Press with some Onyx paint to add the image of the girl to my card.


I stamped onto a vintage book page and the text from the other side of the page acted as an embossed resist. I'm quite happy with that little surprise! The Onyx paint adds a fantastic subtle shimmer to the image. I finished off my card with a bright yellow bow.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies: Cardstock: Close To My Heart, Recollections; Patterned Paper: October Afternoon; Stamp: 100 Proof Press; Ink: Ranger; Paint: Creative Inspirations Paint; Other: Ribbon, Book Page

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the ribbon and the silhouette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool effect - the resist from the text! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love your colours, design and stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely card !! I have some scraps of this collection of papers too, and the image and ribbon you chose in combination is perfect with them ! :) Happy day, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete