Journey Box - Paper Wings Productions


Hi! I have a fun tutorial to share today for Paper Wings Productions. I've wanted to alter this decorative box for some time now. I loved the blue cover, but wanted to change the Christmas theme to something that will be able to sit out year round. The Paper Wings Productions vintage themed August Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit is much more my style! The mix of travel ephemera and clip art helped transform my box into a fun catchall for items that I collection on journeys both near and far!

I used the large piece of alphabet print wrapping paper from the kit to cover the front, side and back of my box. I wanted to play up the aged look to the box so I tore the wrapping paper to fit each side of my box and inked the edges of the paper before sealing it in place. My box measures approximately 8" x 11" and I used less than 1/3 of the wrapping paper from my kit. If you're looking to alter a large piece, this wrapping paper has a lot of possibilities!


I added several layers of printed paper that I cut from the patterned envelopes in the kit and one of the clip art images to the top of my box.


I used the Circles Background Stamp in several areas.


I added another patterned layer with the Mr. Huey's Chevron Stencil and some acrylic paint.


This text is from the package of Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs, which contains 2 sheets of fun rub-ons in a variety of fonts and sizes.


I added a fun double loop bow of vintage rayon ribbon to the top of my box and topped it with a handmade crochet rose that was gifted to me by fellow Flight Attendant Cathi.


I decided to embellish the side of the box as well! I cut the center from a doily and used that as the base of my embellishment. I topped that with some charms from my stash and a bow made from the vintage lace from the kit.


I finished my box with some fussy cut butterflies, several strips of adhesive pearls (included in the kit) and some more stamping with some of my favorite PWP stamps, Art Textures and Writings Background.



Thanks for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you. If you'd like to purchase the August Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit, stop by the Paper Wings Productions Store and pick one up while supplies last!


Comments

  1. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the textures .... just WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! What a great mix of ephemera - Love the textures you added with the stencils and stamps! I have to say those pearl strips look like some of my favorite bling: Sleek Strips Pearls from Want2Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great and lovely transformation Dana !!! I far prefer your own version than the original one, the result is really gorgeous !!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment