Painted Glass Sun Catcher - Paper Wings Productions


Hi! I'm sharing a quick and fun tutorial for Paper Wings Productions today. Summer is almost over and I'm hanging on to the sunny days for as long as I can! To help capture the rays and bring them into my home, I altered this sun catcher. The iridescent Creative Inspirations Paint that I used with the NEW Black Eyed Susan Cling Stamp Set really captures the light. This small piece has helped to brighten my space in a big way!


I used a black permanent ink to stamp the Black Eyed Susan design onto a piece of glass. My piece of glass was not a flat surface, so I did not use a stamping block.


I then painted the stamped image with Creative Inspirations Paint in Chocolate, Copper, Emerald, Green Olive, Ivory, Mango, Onyx and Sunshine.


I twisted a piece of wire around the glass to make a hanger for my sun catcher and added beads to finish.


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to use your Paper Wings Productions Stamps on something other than paper. There are several new floral stamps available in the Paper Wings Productions Store.



Comments

  1. Wowwwwwwww!! This is gorgeous!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project Dana! Off to leave some love over on the Paper Wings site :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely idea, Dana, I like to work on glass with glass paints so this idea is really great for me, love how you have wrapped wire and used those crystals!! in case you do get any time, pl give your feedback about these projects of mine which I can not resist sharing with you....
    http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/2013/08/painted-bottle.html
    http://kalasirjana.blogspot.in/2013/03/painted-glass-bottleglass-turns-to-gold.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooooo cool and a wonderful idea Dana!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really interesting and gorgeous work on glass ! I never gave it a try, although I have paints for glass... I should do, that's nice !! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment