Sparkle a Little Brighter Arch - Tando Creative


Hi! I'm sharing an arch that kicks off a week that will be filled with projects highlighting fun paint effects on the Tando Design Blog. I started this project with an inner cut from a Gothic Arch Layered Frame. (A Gothic Arch Frame is cut from 5 layers of grey board and also includes a back panel. This frame is perfect for layering up stamped images to create a 3D style of artwork as well as displaying deeper items. The 6 layers require gluing to make a frame. Bonus: The inner cut arches are retained with the product and can be used either in conjunction or as additional projects, like I'm using here.)


I first applied a light coat of gesso to the arch. Then I painted over sections that I created with torn pieces of masking tape with Liquitex acrylic paint to create my colorful background. I dried each color of paint with my heat gun, before adding another layer of color. Note: After removing the tape shown above, I wanted a more colorful background so I repeated the process again.


I added two small dragonflies with a paint pet and the Poppy Mask. I finished the arch with a stamped sentiment and a light coat of Glimmer Mist for a bit of sparkle.


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you try this fun and easy paint technique!

Comments

Post a Comment