Great Fubu Arch - Couture Creations + Tando Creative Challenge


Hi! I'm sharing my last post as part of the Couture Creations Design Team today. I've had a fantastic time creating with this talented group of artists over the past year and I've really enjoyed sharing my work! I used the beautiful Great Fubu Embossing Folder from the NEW Marriot Collection on a Tando Creative Arabian Style Layered Arch Frame.

If you've never created an arch, I warn you now that they are addicting! Arch cards are a fun alternative to the artist trading card. An arch can be any size or shape, but must be created on an arch-style base. I used an Arabian-style chipboard arch as the base for this piece.


I primed the arch with gesso and then added a thin layer of molding paste.


I then opened the Great Fubu Embossing Folder and, while the molding paste was still wet, pressed the back side (raised design) of the folder onto the arch. I set the arch aside to dry overnight. Note: Clean the embossing folder immediately after use with molding paste!


I misted the arch with several shades of yellow and green spray and dried it using a heat gun.


I highlighted the debossed design with black mist. I liberally sprayed the arch with black ink and then rested the arch against the upright spray bottle to encourage the excess mist to run off. Tip: Lightly spray the arch with water the help remove more of the black mist.


I dried the arch again using a heat gun and then applied gold and orange highlights to select areas.


I used dimensional paint to accent the debossed design.


I finished this arch by adding ribbon, flowers, a sentiment sticker, purple dimensional paint (not shown) and a light coat of shimmery mist (not shown).



Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723672 Marriot Collection - Great Fubu Embossing Folder

Tando Creative Supplies:


The theme on the Tando Challenge Blog this month is "Green, Yellow and Brown." Up for grabs this month are 4 pieces of Tando chipboard of your choice!  All you have to do is create a piece incorporating the monthly theme and link to the Tando Creative Challenge Blog. You don't have to use Tando products, but, if you do you'll be entered into the draw twice, doubling your chances to win. We don't have many rules, as rules spoil the fun, but in order to be in with a chance of winning we do ask that your project is entered for a maximum of 5 challenges, including Tando.

 Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Comments

  1. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the textures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING, Dana! Love the texture, and great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial Dana, thank you!!! Like Gio, I really love the technique you used (never tried yet to use an embossing folder applied lightly on modeling paste e.g.), and the result is very cool. Lovely Arch !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Dana! Absolutely love this card...and the colours are just amazing! Thanks for the step by step...really so super and has given me some inspiration seeds! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment